Merry Christmas!! This Christmas, I wish for you all much joy and love, with a New Year full of God's goodness.
- I presume by now, most of you who plan to attend one of the Christmas services will have registered and completed the COVID screening questionnaire (if it is your first time attending since the start of public worship since COVID). You are all aware of the guidelines for attending any church service, the same guidelines that have been in effect since the reopening of public worship.
- However, because the office will be closed during the Christmas break, the deadline for registration for December 27 service will be tomorrow, Wednesday, December 23. If you are interested in registering for the January 3 service, please forward your request by email ([email protected]) or leave a message at 368-5693 on or before December 29.
- If you would like to contribute to either the Advent Folder or the Pandemic Appeal funds, you can now do so through CanadaHelps. All you have to do is to go to the parish website at ascensionnl.ca and select the donate button. Once there you can select the option for either category. However, you can still donate via your envelopes or your folder. Thank you so much.
- With reference to giving, in order to have your offerings included on your income tax receipt for 2020. they MUST be received at the Church office by Thursday, December 31, at 12 noon.
- A reminder of parish office hours during Christmas: the office will be closed from December 25 to December 30 inclusive. It will open on Thursday, December 31, from 9 to noon and will be closed again on Friday, January 1 (New Year's Day). Regular office hours will resume on Monday, January 4, 2021.
- Special thanks to all who have contributed to the Pandemic Appeal - to date a total of $5790 has been raised.
- I am sure those who attended last Sunday evening's 'Lighting of the trees and the Carol sing" found it very inspiring and a wonderful way to engender the Christmas spirit in each of us. Thanks to all those who made it possible. (There are a few photos on the parish Facebook page.)
- This will be my last enews until sometime after January 4. I trust you will all have a Blessed Christmas!
God Bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)