This is the Epiphany Season in the church’s year with last Sunday being the second Sunday after the Epiphany.
As the ‘wonderous star’ led the wise men to the Christ Child, may the light of the ‘wonderous star’ guide you along life’s pathways.
A few notices for you:
- As in previous Sundays, worship will be at 11 a.m. following all the usual ‘COVID’ guidelines. This Sunday it will be Service of the Word/Week of Prayer for Christian Unit. One important reminder – it is necessary that you remain in your vehicle until you see your pew number displayed by the Covid Team member. Also, please refrain from congregating on the steps of the church prior to and after services.
- If you are still not ready to return to public worship, or you are not able to attend due to illness, the Sunday service is live-streamed each Sunday. To log on, please go to the church website ascensionnl.ca and go to the Social Media tab. Once there, click on the Facebook tab. This will link you directly to the service when it begins.
- During this pandemic, if you are aiming to stay close to home but would still like a visit from Rev’d David or Rev’d Lynn and to receive Holy Communion, it can be arranged. Just call Peggy at 368-5693 and she will make the arrangements.
- With respect to Sunday services, if a service is canceled due to inclement weather, there will be an announcement on VOCM and VOWR. You may also check the message on the church’s answering machine or your enews.
- In previous years, there has always been a joint service during the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity. That is not possible this year due to COVID restrictions. Instead, it will be observed on January 24 at the 11 a.m. service. You are invited to bring along your own tea light or a battery-operated candle to participate in the service.
- Do you or someone in your family have a birthday or anniversary soon? If so, this may interest you - each month there is going to be a Family Sunday and a segment of that service will include the celebration of birthdays or anniversaries for that given month. Please send a picture of the person or persons celebrating the special event to [email protected] so it can be shown during that part of the service. Make sure you submit your photos by the end of the first week each month so that they will be included.
- We all know how important it is for us and our children to stay connected to God and our church family since the pandemic has kept us from being together. Some of you may be interested in a few resources for Godly Play. Check out this link: sites.google.com/view/
- Several people have recently inquired about church calendars. We do have a few available for sale at the office at $5 each. Please contact the office at 368-5693 if you would like to purchase one. Thanks.
- Thanks to all those who have donated to the Pandemic Appeal to date. A total of $6,285 has been raised. Parishioners are encouraged to continue to support our Parish in this manner.
Keep safe and keep warm during these frosty days of winter. If you need to shovel, be careful, as shoveling is very hard work.
God Bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)