Yesterday ended the ‘Week of Prayer for Christian Unity.” Our Christian churches usually have an ecumenical service during this time to reflect on scripture and to share fellowship; however, this year due to COVID guidelines we held a lovely special service on Sunday, January 24, with our regular congregation which was live-streamed so all were able to hear it.
As we all know, Christian believers come from different cultures, different countries, and with different customs, but we all serve one God who unites us all. We must always strive for and pray for "unity in diversity."
A few reminders/notices for you:
- We continue to gather for public worship each Sunday at 11, and we continue to follow the COVID guidelines required when the church community meets. For those who are not able to attend, or who are not ready to return to public worship, the services are live-streamed so they can watch them from their home. Please remember to not congregate on the church steps before and after the service.
- Next Sunday, January 31, is what is being called ‘Birthday/Anniversary Sunday’ – a Sunday that is designated each month as family Sunday. During a part of the liturgy, there will be a celebration of birthdays or anniversaries for that given month. You are invited to submit a photo of yourself and/or someone in your family who has a birthday or anniversary that month. Send your photos to [email protected] and make sure you do this by the end of the first week each month to ensure they will be included.
- If due to inclement weather Sunday services are canceled, there will be an announcement on VOCM and VOWR. The church answering machine may also carry the message or it may come via e-news.
- Rev’d David and Rev’d Lynn are available for a physically distanced visit if you would like that. Just call Peggy at the office and she will arrange it for you.
- There are a few Church calendars left at $5 each. If you would like to purchase one, please contact the office.
- Thanks to all those who have helped to raise $6,285. for the Pandemic Appeal. You can continue to support your Parish in this way if you wish to do so.
- The CLB is offering dinner take-outs (curbside pickup), and even free delivery on five or more orders. This week you can enjoy stuffed chicken breast for just $12. If this is for you, please call 722-1737 by Thursday at 11 a.m.
- If you want to continue with your regular church givings, but find it difficult to get out to church at this time of the year, you may like to set up pre-authorized givings. You can take a pamphlet from either entrance of the church, or the church office, or have someone pick one up for you. Just fill it out, have it returned to the office, and they will set up your automated givings. Thanks for your continued support.
Keep warm during these cold days of winter!
May God Bless you all,
Jean (on behalf of the Ascension)