Valentine’s Day is Sunday, February 14. Since St. Valentine is known as the patron saint of Love, Young People, and Happy Marriages, I am sure that the occasion will be celebrated by many either by having a special meal together, exchanging gifts, or relaying loving messages via text or special cards. So, an early ‘Happy Valentine’s Day’ to all of you!
- Public worship continues each Sunday at 11 a.m. and is live streamed via the church website ascensionnl.ca which I am sure you are all able to find by now. Registration is still required to attend; however, should you find out after you have registered that due to unforeseen circumstances you are not able to attend, please contact the church office to let them know as there may be someone on the waiting list.
- If a storm should develop any Saturday evening or Sunday morning, please stay tuned to VOCM or VOWR to check to see if the service is cancelled.
- There will be an evening service on Ash Wednesday at 7 p.m. If you would like to attend, you must register and follow the same guidelines as you do each Sunday. If you have not filled in a registration form yet, you can complete the form on our website, or drop by the office. Also, if at any time the office is closed for some reason, please check the office answering machine.
- You may want to mark your calendars for the Parish’s Annual General Meeting which will be held immediately following worship on March 7 (snow date March 21). You will also be able to gather via Zoom for the meeting. More details will be given later.
- Your Lenten Packages and Tax Receipts for 2020 are available. You can pick yours up between the hours of 9 and noon, Monday to Friday, at the church office.
- The Pandemic Appeal continues!! To date $6,355 has been raised. Special thanks to all those who have donated to date.
- Apparently there has been a decision reached, in consultation with the Executive Archdeacons of each of the Anglican Diocese in Newfoundland and Labrador, that the Queen’s College Appeal be postponed until the fall of 2021. Of course, donations to Queen’s College are appreciated at any time. Tax receipts will be issued from Queen’s College for all donations.
- The ‘Lent in a Bag’ project that has been created by the Transfiguration group will be coming into effect very soon, as the bags will be distributed on Sunday, February 14. We hope you and your family are looking forward to the activities outlined. Upon completion of the project, which will take you up to Easter Day, you will be able to fill the bag with items for Emmaus House. Suggestions for things to include in the bag will be given to you later.
The number of COVID cases has been increasing over the past few days. Please be extra careful and follow all health guidelines set by our authorities.
God Bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)