Several writers speak of Lent as a journey that moves us towards the cross. May God guide us and help us during this forty days’ journey.
There is such a focus on texting, Facebook, and Twitter these days; however, someone in responding to that fact wrote: ‘God has no cellphone but we can talk to Him anytime; he has no Facebook page, but He is our friend; and He does not have a Twitter account, but we can all still follow Him.’
A few messages that I feel should be highlighted this week:
- Have you read about the Front Line Workers Fund? A Care and Support Fund has been set up so anyone can donate in thanksgiving for the untiring work of those workers who are operating COVID test sites in our area. If you wish to donate, you can log in to the parish website at canadahelps.org/en/charities/parish-of-the-ascension-mount-pearl. Then use the drop-down menu to select the Covid Front Line Workers Care Fund and follow the prompts to complete your donation. Thanks so much for your support.
- A reminder of the services this week:
- Wednesday evening at 8 p.m. the Compline service is streamed online at fb.com/anglicantransmission/live
- Wednesday morning at 10 a.m. log in to www.lent.transmission.ca to gather more information about the exciting activity ‘Lent in a Bubble.’
- Sunday morning, February 28, at 11 a.m. be part of the Family Service that will be streamed online at ascensionnl.ca
- All pastoral visits/interactions will be via telephone, email, or zoom appointment with Rev’d David or Rev’d Lynn. You can set up your appointment by their email or cell phone. Rev’d David at [email protected] or 746-2095 and Rev’d Lynn at [email protected] or 682-8500.
- As you know, your 2020 receipts have been mailed. The Lenten folders are not available for pickup due to closure of the church building, but you can still make your Lenten donation electronically online at ‘Canada helps’ or by dropping an envelope with your donation in the church’s mailbox located on the front steps of the church. Don’t forget to include your envelope number. Thanks in advance for your givings.
- This is a reminder to those who will be celebrating a birthday or anniversary in March!! The submission of your photo to [email protected] must be by the end of the first week of March if you would like it to be included during the Birthday celebration portion of the liturgy during the Family Service on the last Sunday in March.
- Parishioners are being encouraged to continue to support our Parish by donating to the Pandemic Appeal. To date $6,415 has been raised. Thanks to all those who have donated to date.
- As many of you may already know, Rev’d David has been appointed to be the Territorial Archdeacon for the Archdeaconry of Avalon effective March 2021. Congratulations Rev’d David!
Stay safe and keep warm! God Bless you all,
Jean (on behalf of the Ascension)