Next Sunday, March 7, will be the third Sunday in Lent. Time slips by so quickly. How is everyone doing on their Journey?
While thumbing through some Lenten readings, I found this simple Lenten prayer which I thought would be nice to share: ‘Dear God, help us to see this holy season of Lent as a time for spiritual renewal, rather than a time of deprivation. Motivate us to reach a new level of experiencing your grace. Amen.’
A few reminders for you:
- Next Sunday, as usual, there will be Morning Prayer at 11 a.m. which is live streamed via the parish website at ascensionnl.ca, and, also, via the Parish Facebook page.
- Remember, if you want your birthday or anniversary picture, or that of a member of your family, to be shown during the Sunday birthday/anniversary portion of the Family Service liturgy, you must submit your photo by the end of the first week of each month. (Submit to [email protected])
- If at any time you have difficulty accessing the church’s online services, please leave a message at the office with your name and telephone number or email [email protected] and a member of the Parish Audio-Visual Team will contact you.
- The weekly online services should soon be available on YouTube for viewing once the service is over. All you will have to do is type Parish of the Ascension NL in the search bar in YouTube. This will be another way for you to view the services if you have difficulty by the other means given.
- Don’t forget ‘Lent in a Bubble’ on Wednesday mornings at 10 a.m. at lent.thetransmission.ca; and the Compline on Wednesday evenings at 8 p.m. at www.fb.com/anglicantransmission/live
- A reminder that all pastoral visits/interactions are via telephone, email, or zoom appointment. If you would like to set up an appointment with Rev’d David, you can reach him at 746-2095 or by email at [email protected] and, Rev’d Lynn can be reached at 682-8500 or by email at [email protected]
- You can still support the Front Line Workers at canadahelps.org/en/charities/parish-of-the-ascension-mount-pearl/ Just drop down the menu to select the Fund and follow the prompts to complete your donation. Thanks so much!
- If you would like to set up pre-authorized givings, please contact the church office at 368-5693 for direction. However, there are other ways to donate also. You can drop off your donation envelope at the church’s mail slot included with your contact information and the designation for your donation, or you can donate online through ascensionnl.ca.
- The Annual General Meeting is tentatively set for March 21 but, of course, it is subject to the COVID Alert status. In the meantime, they are looking for new members to join Vestry. They are looking for committed, creative, and passionate persons to work together with others in continuing to grow the parish, as well as reaching out in love to others. If you think you would like to be part of this ministry, please make your interest known.
May God continue to be with you on your Lenten Journey.
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)