“Lent Is a Journey that leads us toward the Cross.” May God direct our Journey as we travel through those Lenten Days! Thanks to all the help provided on this Journey.
- We are given the opportunity to view and be part of the services each Sunday morning with the online viewing of the 11 a.m. services via the Parish website at ascensionnl.ca , live at the Parish Facebook page, as well as being able to see the service after it is completed via YouTube Channel which you can access via the Parish’s homepage.
- Each Wednesday morning at 10 a.m. we are given access to ‘Lent in a Bubble’ which is streamed online at lent.thetranmission.ca The resource provided at that time will enable families in their own bubbles to use resources and means at hand to explore their lives in Christ Jesus.
- On Wednesday evening at 8 p.m. there are the Compline services which is streamed online on the Parish website, and, also via the Parish Facebook page.
- Remember contact with the clergy is available during the Pandemic via telephone, email, or zoom appointment. To set up an appointment, please email or call them by cell phone: Archdeacon David may be reached at [email protected] or 746-2095 and Reverend Lynn at [email protected]nl.ca or 682-8500.
- Sunday, March 14, is Mothering Sunday. There will be Family Service using the Wee Worship Book, at which time a part of the liturgy will include a celebration of birthdays or anniversaries for March. Stay tuned and you may get a chance to see a picture of a parish friend, one that you may not have seen for a while!
- Last week I gave details regarding the World Day of Prayer 2021 service being aired on the local Community Channel. As you know by now, that did not happen. Sorry, but I have no idea why that plan did not work.
- Support for our Parish via the Pandemic Appeal is still ongoing. Special thanks to all those who donated to the $6,415 that has been raised to date.
- If at any time you have difficulty accessing the online services, feel free to contact the Parish Audio-Visual Team for support. Just call the office and leave your name and number or email [email protected] and a member of the team will contact you.
- The church office is closed so the Lenten folders are not available for pickup. If you would still like to contribute, place your donation in an envelope with your name and envelope number on the outside and drop it in the church mailbox located at the front steps of the church. Of course, you can also contribute electronically online at canadahelps.org/en/charities/parish-of-the-ascension-mount-pearl/.
That’s it for another week! Stay safe!
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)