It has been said that ‘the 40 days leading up to Easter can be some of the most life-giving, perspective-changing, hope-filled days of the entire year.’ Hopefully with God’s help we are all having some of those days during our Lenten Journey!
Some reminders for the week:
- The 11 a.m. service continues each Sunday morning live-streamed via the Parish Facebook either by you being a member or by way of the Parish website (ascensionnl.ca) where you can still access the Parish Facebook. Now it can also be viewed when the service is over via YouTube (type Parish of the Ascension NL into the search bar in YouTube.)
- We hope you are finding the online resources given each Wednesday morning ‘Lent in a Bubble’ at lent.transmission.ca to be of great use for you and your family. Also, a service of Compline continues each Wednesday evening at 8 p.m. at fb.com/anglicantransmission/live.
- We trust that everyone can reach those online services. If you are still having difficulty accessing the services, please reach out to the Parish Audio-Visual Team for help. All you have to do is leave a message at the church office with your name and telephone number, and a member of the Team will get back to you.
- It is hoped that slide shows can be prepared for use during the upcoming Holy Week services. To make this possible, photos of previous Holy Week Services – Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil, and Easter Day - are needed. It would be appreciated if you could send any you may have to [email protected]. Thanks so much!
- Parishioners are encouraged to continue to support the Parish in donating to the Pandemic Appeal. Thanks to all those who have helped to raise $6,565 to date.
- If you would like to have a pastoral visit with Archdeacon David or Rev’d Lynn which will be via telephone, email, or zoom appointment, contact them through their email or cell phone. Archdeacon David can be reached at 746-2095 or [email protected] and Rev’d Lynn can be reached by 682-8500 or [email protected]
- The Front Line Workers Fund is still accepting donations by way of Canada Helps (details are available on previous enews and in the Chimes). Lenten donations, which were normally given in the Lenten folders, can now be placed in an envelope with your name and envelope number and placed in the church’s mailbox.
- The Mount Pearl Frosty Festival and Mount Pearl Sports Alliance in coordination with the City of Mount Pearl are coordinating a drive-through fundraiser for the community food banks. I am attaching the letter which outlines the details of this food drive that will take place on Saturday, March 27, 2021, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Following the blessing of the palms on Palm Sunday, Palm crosses will be available for the community to receive. For those interested in getting Palm crosses, a table will be set up in the vestibule of the church at the front steps on Sunday, March 28, from 12 noon until 1 p.m. When coming to the church, please wear your mask and practice proper physical distancing as per Dr. Fitzgerald’s provincial guidelines.
- This is just a reminder that Dr. Fitzgerald’s guidelines for Level 4 are still in effect until March 26 with respect to church office closure, physical distancing, mask wearing, etc. You can read a more detailed COVID-19 update on the Parish’s Facebook post from the Diocese, on the Parish’s website, and, also, on the Diocesan website.
- Attached to this enews is a list of the Holy Week Services starting with Palm Sunday, March 28.
May God Bless you always,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)