And Spring arose on the garden fair, Like the Spring of love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth’s dark breast, rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.
(Percy Byrshe Shelley)
A few important messages/reminders for you:
- There will be public worship again next Sunday, May 2 (Holy Eucharist from the Book of Alternative Services). All those who plan to attend will no doubt have registered by now. All health guidelines must be followed as usual. If you haven’t decided to attend yet, the services are still being live-streamed via the church website at www.ascensionnl.ca , directly from the Parish Facebook page, and, also by YouTube.
- Plans for the spring clean-up of the church grounds are in the making. For those who are able and would like to help, the plan is to meet on Saturday, May 8 at 9 p.m. If you have clean-up equipment such as a wheel barrel, a deck broom, and/or a shovel, they will come in handy! Many hands make light work, so let’s hope there will be a good turnout. Thanks so much!
- For those who have ordered a cold plate or two in Ascension’s Cold Plate Fundraiser, don’t forget to pick them up on Saturday, May 1 between 3 and 5 p.m.
- The collecting of gift cards (from any supermarket or Walmart) for the Gathering Place ‘Welcome Home’ Project continues until the end of June. These will be used to purchase food, cleaning supplies, and hygiene products for clients who are moving into a new residence. Any financial donation of either gift cards or money is gratefully accepted. A donation tree will be set up in the church with symbols representing the amount donated weekly. You can drop your donations in the church mailbox!! Thanks so much for your generosity!
- Only $740 has been raised for our Pandemic Appeal since January 1, 2021. Parishioners are encouraged to support the Parish in this effort by a donation to the Appeal. Thanks to all supporters to date!
- Clergy contact continues to be available via telephone, email, or zoom by setting up appointments with Archdeacon David or Rev’d Lynn through their email or cell phone. Archdeacon David can be reached at 746-2095, or [email protected], and Rev’d Lynn at 682-8500 or [email protected].
- Last Thursday on my email I outlined for you all that would be required if you decided to help form a Team to assist with our in-person services. The outline was also in your Chimes. However, please note that a change has been made in the time for the Team to arrive at church; instead of 9:30, 9:45/10 a.m. will be sufficient. Thanks so much to those who have decided to help! However, more volunteers are needed! As you know, it is very similar to Sidesperson’s responsibility. Let the office know if you would like to be part of this important ministry.
- The following is a notice that the Rector asked me to place in the enews this morning. I will give his exact words: “I am pleased to share that Bishop Samuel Rose will be worshipping with us May 15 and 16 in the octave of Ascension. On May 15, the Bishop will preside at Confirmation at both 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. for the eighteen candidates that have been patiently waiting since last year. These liturgies will be attended by the candidates and their families, as we are bound by the limitations of public health as we continue through these COVID times.
On Sunday, May 16, we will observe Ascension Sunday, and the Bishop will be with us to preside and preach. We ask God’s blessing upon Bishop Samuel and his family, and upon the entire diocese at this time as we continue to navigate a way forward through the pandemic and other challenges.”
Have a nice weekend!
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)