Sunday, May 9, is Mother’s Day!
It’s not what we have in life, but who we have in our life that matters most. At this time, it refers especially to our mothers and all those that mother us. Thank God for their unconditional love this day and every day.
- As usual, public worship and the live-streamed service will be on Sunday, 11 a.m. This Sunday it will be the service of Holy Eucharist from the Book of Common Prayer. All of you know by now how to reach the online service on Sunday via the Parish website (ascensionnl.ca ), or directly on the Parish’s Facebook page, and also on YouTube. If you plan to attend the service at church, please remember to register.
- This continues to be a very stressful time for many in our faith community. Please continue to keep in touch with family, friends, and neighbours. If you know of someone who is struggling at this time, please let Archdeacon David, or Rev’d Lynn know. May God bless you for reaching out to others during those days.
- All interactions with the clergy continue to be done though email, telephone, or Zoom If you would like to speak with one of the clergy, you may make contact via their cell or email: Archdeacon David at 746-2095 or [email protected] and Rev’d Lynn at 682-8500 or [email protected].
- It’s time for Spring Clean Up of the church grounds (weather permitting). On Saturday, May 8, we hope to see many able-bodied parishioners meet on the grounds at 9 a.m. aimed to beautiful the yard by use of wheel barrels, deck brooms, shovels, or whatever equipment you deem necessary and bring with you to get the job done. Let’s hope for a sunny day and lots of help! Thanks so much!
- Take note that Bishop Sam will be at the church to preside and preach on Sunday, May 16, 11 a.m.as we observe Ascension Sunday. Also on May 15, he will preside at Confirmation at both 2 and 7 p.m. for the eighteen candidates who have been patiently waiting since last year. Only the candidates and their families will be able to attend the Confirmation due to public health COVID guidelines.
- The giving of gift cards (Walmart or any supermarket) or a financial donation is ongoing until the end of June. This will help The Gathering Place in supporting clients who are moving into a new residence. Gift cards will be used to purchase fresh food, cleaning supplies, and hygiene products. (You will find more details about this project in your Chimes and in last week’s enews.) Your donation can be placed in the church mailbox. Thank you so much for your help.
- Do you have a birthday or anniversary in May? If you do, remember on Birthday/Anniversary Sunday, which is usually the last Sunday in the month, there is a portion of the 11 a.m. liturgy which focuses on the celebration of those special days in each month. So why not send a photo of yourself on your birthday/anniversary to include in the celebratory segment? Just send to [email protected].
- Parishioners are encouraged to continue to support the parish by donating to the Pandemic Appeal. Since January 1, 2021, only $740 has been raised for the Appeal. Thanks to those who have donated so far.
- Thanks to all those who have agreed to assist with the in-person services. However, a few more would be quite helpful. A list of what you are required to do as part of a Team is given in the Chimes, and in a previous enews. Please let the office know at 368-5693 if you would like to be part of this important ministry. It is similar to a Sidesperson’s responsibility.
That’s it, folks!
May God bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)