This weekend coming is ‘Victoria Day’ weekend – a weekend that many have always looked forward to celebrating. This year, as last year, due to COVID-19 we must find ways to celebrate the weekend while following the health guidelines. So, enjoy the weekend, but stay safe; we are getting closer to some sort of normalcy, so let’s not let our guard down.
Congratulations to all our confirmation candidates, (Class of 2019-2020), who were confirmed the past weekend. We were so pleased to finally be able to have our Confirmation Services. May God Bless you and be with you on life’s journey!
- The vestry is raising concern regarding the effects of COVID-19 on the Parish’s ability to engage in our traditional fundraising activities. The need is great during this time when normal activities are on hold, and yet we need to continue our ministries, including our new online worship ministry. Please consider supporting the Pandemic Appeal – only $1120 has been raised for the Appeal since January 1, 2021. Heartfelt thanks to those who have contributed generously to date.
- Just a reminder that if there are any students out there interested in the Parish Summer Student Position, the deadline to apply is May 28. (Details are in last week’s enews and in your Chimes.)
- For those who plan to contribute to the “Welcome Home” Gift Card Project with a gift card or a financial donation, donations will be accepted up to the end of June. You can drop your donations in the church mailbox (on front steps of the church). Thank you so much!
- Do you have a May or June birthday or anniversary? Why not send a picture of yourself to include during the celebration of those special days in a part of the liturgy on Birthday/Anniversary Sunday. The next service for this will be on Father’s Day, June 20? Please send your photo to [email protected] There will be no Family Service during the months of July and August, but we will resume our Birthday/Anniversary greetings in September.
- The CLB continues to offer take-out lunch specials on Fridays. Interested in purchasing for your home or workplace group? Just call 722-1737 to pre-order – you must place the order by 11 a.m. on Thursdays. Free delivery for orders of five or more.
- The church office will be closed on Monday, May 24, in observance of Victoria Day holiday.
- Don’t forget the online auction hosted by the Parish! The auction will take place on Facebook between June 6 and June 13. We are looking for donations of new items, small items are fine also as they can be combined to make an auction item. You can drop items to the church between 9 a.m. and noon, Monday to Friday. Please give the approximate value of your item and include your name and phone number. Any questions can be sent to Lisa Fancey at [email protected] or call/text after 4 p.m. at 685-9408. Deadline for donations is Friday, May 28.
- The Parish Audio Visual team is actively looking for volunteers to join the team that produces the live-streaming of weekly services. (More details of what is involved are in the Chimes.) If you would like to be part of this very important ministry, please contact Wayne Courage at [email protected]
As usual, Sunday’s service will be live-streamed via the Parish website, the Parish Facebook, and YouTube. Special thanks to all those who make these services possible!
May you all have a safe holiday weekend! Stay within the guidelines to protect yourself and others; and may God continue to be with you during this time.
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)