This Sunday, May 30, is Trinity Sunday. Trinity Sunday is a moveable feast celebrating the Holy Trinity, the Christian belief that God is Three Persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – yet One God. Some have aimed to give human illustrations for the Trinity, such as H2O being water, ice, and steam, all different but all are H2O. No illustration is perfect, but we can see that there can be three different aspects of a single unit.
- I trust that all those who have not yet decided to return to the church for worship are able to enjoy the online church service. This Sunday coming is Trinity Sunday, and instead of being the Family Service that we usually have the last Sunday in the month, there will be Holy Eucharist from the Book of Alternative Services at the usual time of 11 a.m.
- This service, of course, will be available online from the Parish’s website, the Parish’s Facebook, and YouTube. The next Family Service will be held on June 20, which is Father’s Day. We will have our Birthday/Anniversary Greetings for May and June on that Sunday. Please send your photos to [email protected] There will be no Family Service during the months of July and August, but these special Sundays will resume in September.
- Don’t forget the online auction fundraiser via Facebook between June 6 and June 13. We are hoping for lots of new items – no item is too small as they can be combined to make one auction item. Items can be dropped off at the church between 9 a.m. and noon, Monday to Friday, until May 28. Please indicate the approximate value of your item and leave your name and number. Any questions? Please contact Lisa Fancey at [email protected] or call/text at 685-9408 after 4 p.m. any day. More details will be released soon.
- The Pandemic Appeal Fundraising continues as well. There can be none of the traditional fundraising events we used to have, so the Appeal is a means by which parishioners can support the various important ministries, including especially our new online worship ministry. Only $1180 has been raised by this Appeal since the beginning of this year. Thanks to all those who have contributed so generously to date. Please support your parish by this means if you are able.
- This is a reminder for any student wishing to apply for the Parish Summer Student Position – the deadline to apply to the office is tomorrow, May 28!!
- The ‘Gathering Place Welcome Home Gift Card Project’ continues – gift cards from any supermarket or Walmart or a financial donation – to help The Gathering Place in supporting clients who are moving into a new residence. Donations, which you can drop into the church mailbox, will be accepted until the end of June. Thanks in advance for supporting this worthwhile project.
- Have you decided yet to volunteer on the parish Audio Visual Team, a Team that produces the live streaming of the weekly services? The specific duties are listed in your Chimes bulletin. Please consider this important ministry so that we can continue to provide this vital service to so many. If you are handy with computers, Microsoft PowerPoint, or audio systems, please contact Wayne Courage at [email protected] for details. Training will be provided.
- Reverend Lynn will be away from the Parish from June 4 – 7 inclusive. On Sunday, June 6, Reverend Donna Mercer will be officiating at our Sunday worship. She will also be available in the event of a pastoral emergency during Reverend Lynn’s absence. Reverend Donna’s contact number is 689-6463.
Take care, and God Bless,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)