Sunday, June 6, is the Second Sunday after Pentecost. May peace and happiness be yours this Season; and may God from whom every good gift comes, send the Holy Spirit to guide us on our Journey.
A few important reminders/notices for you this week:
- Readers are needed for the 11 a.m. services during the following dates:
- June 27
- July 18, 25
- August 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- September 5, 12
If you are interested in reading at one or more of these services, please contact the office at [email protected]
- Rev’d Lynn will be away from the parish from June 4 to June 7 inclusive. On Sunday, June 6, Rev’d Donna Mercer will be officiating at our Sunday worship. She will also be available in the event of a pastoral emergency during Rev’d Lynn’s absence. She may be contacted at 689-6463.
- Next Sunday we welcome as our preacher The Venerable Charlene Taylor. Executive Officer from the Eastern Avalon Diocese, and the former Rector of our sister parish, Parish of the Good Shepherd.
- The online auction fundraiser starts on June 6 and will continue until June 13. This is how you reach the group where the auction will be held:
- Log into your Facebook account. (You must have a Facebook account to participate.)
- In the search bar look for a little magnifying glass towards the top and do a search for ‘Parish of the Ascension Online Auction 2021.”
- This should bring you to the group that you can then join so that you will be notified of any changes or new items that are posted.
They are still looking for donations of new items which can be dropped off at the church from 9 a.m. to noon, Monday to Friday. Include the approximate value of the item and the name of the person donating the item/items. Contact Lisa at [email protected] or call/text after 4 p.m. at 685-9408.
- The next Anniversary/Birthday Sunday is June 20, so send your photos as soon as possible to [email protected].
- The Pandemic Appeal Fundraiser is still ongoing. Since we are not able to fundraise with our traditional events, we are hoping for the support of parishioners via the Pandemic Appeal so that our ministries can move forward and that we can continue with the new online worship ministry. Only $1180 has been raised since the beginning of this year. Special thanks to those who have been very generous in their contributions to date.
- Just a reminder that the Gathering Place ‘Welcome Home’ gift card project is ongoing until the end of June. You all are quite aware of the details of this project now. You can drop your monetary or gift card donations in the church mailbox. Thank you very much!
- Starting Monday, June 28, until Friday, September 3, our auditorium will be in use by Max Athletics. As a result, the bathroom facilities downstairs will not be available for use during Sunday services. Of course, our upstairs washrooms will be available for use during services as usual.
- Worship service will continue Sunday at 11 both at the church and online. Great thanks to all who make it possible to have those live-streamed services each Sunday.
- The Anglican Cemetery Committee will offer an online Commemoration Service from the Anglican Cathedral on Sunday, July 11 at 7 p.m. The service at the Cathedral will not be open to the public but may be viewed via the Diocesan and Cathedral Facebook sites. Rev’d Nancy March of St. Mary’s will officiate at the service.
That’s it for this week!
Hope you are enjoying the lovely sunny weather we have been having!
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)