With flowers showing their vibrant colors, tree buds bursting open, and birds building their nests, we are assured that summer is just around the corner! Isn’t God’s creation wonderful!
Here are a few reminders for you:
- Do you know that our online auction fundraiser began on Sunday, June 6, and will close on Sunday, June 13 at 8 p.m.? There are over 85 incredible lots available on which to bid! Don’t miss your chance at a treasure! To view these lovely items, open Facebook and at the top of the page there is a magnifying glass – search for “Parish of the Ascension Online Auction 2021’ and then you can join the group to receive notifications as bids are placed! The person with the highest bid when the auction ends will be contacted to plan the payment and pick up of the item/items. Thanks, in anticipation of your support!
- The online 11 o’clock Sunday services continue! Next Sunday we welcome as our preacher The Venerable Charlene Taylor, former Rector of the Parish of the Good Shepherd. The service will be Holy Communion from the Book of Common Prayer.
- You may want to mark your calendars for Sunday, July 11, at 7 p.m. as the Anglican Cemetery Committee will offer an online Commemoration Service from the Anglican Cathedral. The service will not be open to the public, but it may be viewed via Diocesan and Cathedral Facebook sites. Rev’d Nancy March will officiate at the service.
- If you are interested in becoming active in the church ministry by either being a church warden or a vestry member and would like to have more information regarding the duties involved, please refer to the Parish website at ascensionnl.ca under Ministries – Vestry and Wardens.
- Donations to the Gathering Place ‘Welcome Home’ Gift Card Project will be accepted until the end of June. Donations can be dropped in the church mailbox located on the front steps of the church. Thanks in advance for your support.
- Just a reminder that the CLB offers take-out lunch specials on Friday. If you would like to purchase a lunch or two or even more, please call 722-1737 to pre-order. However, you must place your order by 11 a.m. on Thursdays, which is today if you plan to enjoy their lunch special. If you order five or more lunches, delivery is free.
- As of Monday, June 28, until Friday, September 3, the auditorium will be used by Max Athletics. As a result, the bathroom facilities downstairs will be unavailable during Sunday services. Of course, our washrooms upstairs will continue to be available during the services.
- If you are interested in reading at the 11 a.m. service on any one of the following dates, please contact the office at [email protected] or call 368-5693: July 18, August 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, and September 5, 12.
- This is an event which you won’t want to miss! A Memorial Gospel/Hymn Sing will take place on Sunday, July 18 at 6:30 from the church steps and parking lot. If you would like to make a donation as a memorial or in thanksgiving, please complete the form in the Chimes and return by July 4. Include your name, envelope number, and the amount enclosed when you submit your donation. In that way you will receive credit on your annual tax receipts. (The pledge sheet is attached to this enews.)Thank you!
- Please take note that from July 4 to September 15 Prayers of the People will not be printed. You may still submit names to include on the Ascension Prayer Cycle or to be remembered with the deceased by contacting the church office.
Enjoy the lovely weather and stay safe!
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)