Sunday, June 20, is Father's Day!
You all have heard many times before, "Anyone can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad." Hope those special people - grandfathers, fathers, stepfathers, and those who take a father's role - have an awesome day with your family!
- Sunday 11 o‘clock services continue both at church and online. The service this coming Sunday, June 20, will be a Family Service using the Wee Worship Book. It will also be Birthday/Anniversary Sunday at which time the birthdays and anniversaries for May and June will be celebrated. I trust you will have sent a picture by now if you happen to be celebrating one of these special events. (This will be the last birthday Sunday celebration until September.)
- Special thanks to all those who participated in the online fundraiser auction which closed last Sunday at 8 ‘clock. Thanks especially to Lisa Fancey, the coordinator of that event. Apparently, almost $1500 were raised If you were a successful bidder, you will have been contacted by now, and you know that you can pick up your item/items on Saturday, June 19, from 2 to 4 p.m. Please meet at the side entrance and respect all public health guidelines with regards to physical distancing and mask wearing.
- Effective Monday, June 28, until Friday, September 3, our auditorium will be rented by Max Athletics. Therefore, the bathroom facilities downstairs will not be available for use during Sunday services. However, our washroom upstairs will be available for use during services as usual.
- A reminder once again of the Memorial Gospel/Hymn Sing which will be held on Sunday, July 18, at 6:30 p.m. from the church steps and parking lot. If you would like to make a donation at that time in memorial or thanksgiving, please complete the form found in the Chimes as well as attached to last week’s enews and return by July 4. Please remember to include your name, envelope number and amount of the giving on the envelope when you submit your donation. Thank you!
- If you are interested in the positions of church wardens and vestry and would like more information, please go to the Parish website ascensionnl.ca under Ministries – Vestry and Wardens.
- Please contact the church office at [email protected] or 368-5693 if you would like to read during a 11 a.m. service on any one of the following dates: July 18, August 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, and September 5 and 12.
- Here is a special notice I have been asked to send: ‘In 1971, the Anglican Church of Canada declared June 21 as a “National (Indigenous) Day of Prayer”, requesting all dioceses to commend this day to parishes and congregations throughout Canada. In 2010, General Synod passed a resolution to add the NIDP as June 21 (or the nearest Sunday) to the church’s liturgical calendar. This year the nearest Sunday is June 20.
- On this note, a national service will be streamed online (and on NCI and Wawatay Radio Networks) on Saturday, June 19, at 8 p.m. Central Time at anglican.ca/nidp. All are invited to join in prayer.’
- Just a reminder that there is only one week left if you plan to donate to the Gathering Place ‘Welcome Home’ Gift Card Project. You can drop your donation in the church mailbox located on the front steps of the church.
- Parishioners are still encouraged to support our parish via the Pandemic Appeal throughout the summer months. Since January 1, 2021, we have raised $1630 which is being used to supplement the ministry of the Parish. Thanks to all who have donated to date. You can also donate via Pre-authorized Givings which you can have set up by contacting the church office at 368-5693. Thank you!
God bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)