Welcome back to those who have returned to attending services at church. Hope those, who still haven’t been able to return or have decided not to return yet, continue to enjoy the streamlining of the services each Sunday at 11 a.m. Special thanks again to all those who have made these services available during the pandemic. I have once again returned to sending enews to you each week. I will highlight things that have happened or are planned; they will be brief as I know you also receive the Chimes each week.
Tuesday, November 2, is All Souls’ Day with a special service to be held at 7 p.m. that evening – a service when we especially remember our loved ones that have passed on. If you would like to have the name/names of your loved one/ones read at that service, please write their name in the book provided at the back of the church. If you are interested in attending this service, please register either by email at [email protected]or call 368-5693 and leave a message.
A few reminders for you:
- The Hockey with Heart event takes place on November 6, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. - the Mount Pearl Hockey Association will be holding its annual fundraising for community food banks. Financial donations or non-perishables food items will be greatly appreciated. The Chimes has listed how and where you can support them in this important event.
- According to Diocesan guidelines which gets its direction from the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, all individuals over the age of 12 must present official proof of vaccination and identification before being permitted entrance into the building. So please make sure you have both when you attend any function at the church.
- If there are children who plan to register for confirmation, remember that they must be 11 years of age by December 31, 2021, to register. Registration must take place by October 31. If they didn’t register last Sunday at church, they can also complete the form that is on the church’s website. (The form is located under the ‘Care’ button toward the top of our home page.)
- Collection of food bank items has resumed. There is a bin located at the front entrance to the church for those who bring items on Sunday, and there is one at our side entrance where you can drop items at the church between 9 and noon, Monday to Friday. Thank you for your generosity!
- Of course, you all know that the annual Fall Fair cannot take place, BUT in lieu of that, the Parish will be hosting an online Fall Fair Auction. That Auction will take place on Facebook from November 21` to November 26. The success of this venture depends on donations from you, the parishioners. Sunday’s Chimes outlined all possible items to consider donating and other pertinent information. All donations must be received by November 10.
- Did you know you can e-transfer to the parish if you would like to use another method of sending a contribution, whether it is your weekly offering or some other project. Use this email address: [email protected] and the password is church. Or if you would like to set up pre-authorized givings, just contact the church office at 368-5693 and Peggy will be happy to give you direction.
- Did you plan to order a take-out lunch from the CLB for this Friday? If you did, you must call 722-1737 to pre-order. Orders must be received by Thursday at 11 a.m. There is free delivery for orders of five or more lunches.
That’s it folks for this week!
Happy Hallowe’en to you all! Let’s hope the weather is good that evening so the children can enjoy collecting their usual Hallowe’en treats.
God Bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)