Daylight saving time ends this Sunday coming, November 7, at 2 a.m. Sunrise and sunset will be about one hour earlier – a little lighter in the mornings for those who must rise early. Don’t forget to change your clocks before you go to bed on Saturday, or you will be an hour early for church.
A few important notices for you:
- With respect to the vaccine passport, there is an update from the diocese. With the individual’s approval, parishes are permitted to retain a record of the fact that the individual has provided proof of vaccination and may rely upon the record to verify proof of vaccination for future occasions. So once your vaccination proof is shown, you no longer have to present this information upon entering church any other time.
- This community’s free hot take-out meal this week will be on Wednesday, November 3, from 5 until 6:30 p.m. To receive your Jiggs dinner, pie, dinner roll, cookie, and bottle of water, just go to the Motor Vehicle Registration parking lot, 149 Smallwood Drive to pick it up. Enjoy!
- A reminder that the success of the Online Fall Fair Auction lies with you, the parishioners. The Auction will be via Facebook from November 21 to 26. Donations must be at the church before November 10. Read all about the donation suggestions and other pertinent information in last Sunday’s Chimes and on the parish’s Facebook page. If you have more questions, just email Lisa at [email protected] or call her at 685-9408.
- The Rector’s Leave was discussed during the recent AGM, and for those who weren’t in attendance and are wondering how he was paid, it is written in detail in your Chimes. You are free to call the office if you have any questions or concerns.
- The Hockey with Heart event, the Mount Pearl Blades fundraiser in aid of Community Food Banks, will take place this Saturday, November 6, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Donations will be accepted at the Church of the Ascension, Church of the Good Shepherd, St. Peter’s/Salvation Army, Mary Queen of the World, Park Avenue Pentecostal Church, Sobey’s, Coleman’s, Walmart, and the Glacier. Thanks in advance for your generosity.
- Collection of food bank items has resumed at our church. For Sunday’s donations, a bin is in the main entrance, and for weekdays from 9 to noon, you can place your items in the bin in the side entrance. Thank you for your kindness to those in need.
- If you plan to purchase one of the CLB’s take our lunches on Friday, you must call tomorrow, Thursday, by 11 a.m., at 722-1737 to pre-order. If you are ordering for five or more dinners, delivery is free.
- Did you know that you can now e-transfer your weekly offering to the church? If you would like to use this method, use the following email address [email protected] and the password is church.
That’s it for this week!
God Bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)