Tomorrow, November 11, is Remembrance Day! Once again, we commemorate the sacrifices of those Canadians who fought in World War I and II, and all those who have given their lives in armed conflict throughout the years in the name of freedom and peace. May God grant us peace in our time!
In observance of Remembrance Day, the office will be closed tomorrow.
A few importance reminders/notices:
- Public worship at the Ascension takes place every Sunday at 11 p.m. If you have an assigned seat for Sunday church services, but you are unable to attend, please contact the office to let them know. More people are attending now, so every seat is needed. Apparently, sometimes seats are left unfilled. You can call the office at 368-5693 or email at [email protected] to let Peggy know during the week if you know in advance that you cannot attend. Thanks so much!
- In connection with church services, if you have agreed that the church can retain a record of your proof of vaccination, then you will not need to show it on future occasions. However, children aged 12 to 18 years are still required to show proof of vaccination when attending regular Sunday worship and other church gatherings not specifically organized for children.
- Don’t forget to check out the Fall Fair Auction via Facebook that takes place from November 21 to November 26. This is the last day to drop off any donations you may have for the auction, unless it is a perishable item, in which case please call Lisa to let her know. She can be reached at 685-9408 (after 4 p.m.) or at [email protected]. Hope you are looking forward to this exciting event leading us towards the Christmas season.
- The Community Supper is going ahead again this week. This week’s free hot take-out meal is today, November 10, from 5 until 6:30 p.m. and can be picked up from the mobile truck that will be parked at Motor Vehicle Registration parking lot. Covid protocols are being followed.
- Just to let you know, confirmation registration has been extended to November 21. Just see Mrs. Kearley after any Sunday service, or during the week between 9 and noon at the church office. Sorry, but the on-line registration is not working.
- I guess many of you are wondering what the Advent Project will be this year. This year’s project for St. Margaret’s boat is the collecting of children’s books for Daybreak Parent Child Center. The boat will be set up November 14. All books are welcome! Please ensure your books are dropped off by December 15 as they will be presented at the 11 a.m. service. Thanks in advance for your support.
- Would you like to help with the delivery of Advent packages/church envelopes to parishioners? They will be ready on Sunday, November 21. If you are willing to lend a hand, please notify the church office by emailing [email protected] or calling 368-5693.
- When you are giving a donation to the church for whatever reason, would you please made sure you include your name, envelope number, and amount of the giving on the envelope. In this way you will receive credit on your yearly tax receipts. Thanks so much!
COVID is not over yet, so stay safe – follow the guidelines!
God Bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)