During each Sunday of the Advent Season, we focus on one of the main themes of the Advent Season with Peace being this Sunday’s theme. The candle of ‘Peace’ will be lit as a reminder that the Christ-child will bring peace to a troubled world. Advent is indeed about waiting, longing, preparing, and working towards His return. Let us aim to step away from what can be a frenzied time of partying and shopping to quietly devote some time to commemorating the birth of Jesus and reflecting on His triumphant return.
- The up-dated directive from the diocese regarding church services is now old news and gives us a bit more freedom when attending church services. However, we must continue to hold to the practices that the directive asserts to keep ourselves and others safe.
- Special thanks to all those who supported the on-line fall fair auction, and especially to Lisa Fancey who was the main organizer of the whole event. I am sure we will hear how successful it was moneywise later, when all things are finalized. Thanks to all the donors as well - your donations made it all possible!
- Don’t forget, your Advent package still lies in wait for you to pick it up, if you haven’t already done so. Thanks to all those who have helped by delivering many of the packages to family and friends.
- Our Christmas Hamper Project is moving right ahead with the setting up of the Christmas Hamper tree. You may take a tag or tags from the tree which began last Sunday. The item/items and tag/tags you select must be returned to the church no later than Sunday, December 12. If you prefer, you can give a monetary donation via the church website or e-transfer. You may also choose to help by providing one of the hampers. If this is a choice you have made, please contact Nickie Butler at [email protected]. (Just letting you know that if you, or a group of parishioners, are interested in sponsoring a family, the approximate price of a completed hamper ranges from $100 to $350 depending on the size of the family.)
- Would you like a 2022 church calendar? They are now available for pick-up for $5 each at the office, Monday to Friday, from 9 to noon.
- We are still looking for five more people to complete the counting teams. If you would like to be part of this ministry, please contact the church office at 368-5693 or [email protected]. Thanks in advance for your willingness to help.
- Thanks so much also to those who have donated books via St. Margaret’s Boat to the Daybreak Child and Parent Center. The books must be suitable for children ages 2 to 4 years! Just place them in the ‘boat’ located in the side foyer.
- Kudos to Capt. Wallace Earle on his 60 years of service to the CLB. Quite the accomplishment!
That’s it, folks,
May God be with you during the Advent Season,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)