Next Sunday, December 12, is the third Sunday in Advent symbolized by the Candle of Joy! It is often referred to as Rejoice Sunday, as is written in Isaiah 12:6 “Shout & sing for joy, city of Zion, because the holy one of Israel is great among you.” Let us continue to rejoice that the Holy One came among us, continues to be with us, and will come again.
A few reminders/notices for you:
- Just a reminder that masks remain mandatory upon entering the church and must always remain on during the service. The last directive remains in effect with the allowing of all attendees (aged 12 and over) to sit wherever they please as long as they are fully vaccinated and have provided proof of the same.
- Our aid to those who need has resumed in the collection for food bank items. There is a bin at both entrances where you can place your items on Sunday, and during the weekdays (9 to noon) the side entrance will be available.
- Take note of the Three Key Messages from the vestry in the Chimes which, if not received at a service, can be seen on the Parish’s Website and the Parish’s Facebook page.
- St. Margaret’s Boat (Advent Project) is filling up with donated books for the Daybreak Parent Child Center – thanks to you. However, there is room for lots more. Once you have purchased a suitable book or books just place them in the boat located in the side foyer. Don’t forget that they must be there by December 12, 11 a.m., as that is when they will be presented to Maureen Bethel, the acting Educational Director for the Center.
- A few Advent Packages linger in the side foyer. Help is needed to distribute these to the respective parishioners – even if only to your family and friends. Thanks so much for your help.
- Our Christmas Hamper Project is in the making. The ‘tagged’ tree is up and many tags have already been taken to help complete hampers. You can also choose to give a monetary donation via our website or e-transfer. Some even like to either by themselves or with a group provide a hamper for a family. The choice is yours! All donations can be dropped off at the church office from December 6 to December 10 from 9 to noon on weekdays or to Sunday worship on December 12. Thanks so much for your continual support for this wonderful act of kindness.
- An important reminder – whenever you donate to the church through your regular givings or otherwise, please remember to include your name, envelope number, and the amount of the giving on the envelope that you submit. This is for your benefit – ensures that you receive credit on your yearly tax receipts. Thanks so much!
- You may like to mark your calendars for the ‘Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony & Carol Sing’ taking place on Sunday, December 19, 2021, at 6:30 p.m. on the Church of the Ascension Parking Lot. Come and light a bulb in memory of a loved one or in honour of a special someone, or occasion. Bring your family and friends. No registering is necessary. If you plan to donate, please submit names, along with donations, on or before December 16, 2021. All donations will help support the ministry of the Parish.
May God guide you on your Advent Journey!
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)