Saturday, January 1, ushers in the New Year 2022!
Warm wishes are being sent your way for a new year filled with much happiness, new joys, and peaceful moments.
Just a few reminders for you:
- Sadly, we were not able to have the Christmas services that were planned due to the evolving situation with the Omicron virus and the directive from the Bishop. However, there was a Christmas Eve service online on December 24 at 2 p.m. This service was recorded so if you were not able to sit and listen at that time, it is available to view on our Facebook page, as well as our YouTube channel.
- My e-news is a little later today than usual as I was waiting to hear from Rev’d Lynn in case there was anything new to share with you after she listened to the updates from NL government. As it stands now, there will be online church services on January 2 and January 9 at the regular church time. After January 9, the situation will again be evaluated, and you will be notified of any changes.
- As you know any additional financial offerings that you would like to have included on your 2021 tax receipt must be received at the church no later than 12 noon on December 31. You may drop them off at the drop box on the church’s front steps (to the right). This box will be monitored regularly. Anything dropped after that time on December 31, will be included with your tax receipts for 2022.
- Please note that the office will be closed until further notice. If there is a pastoral emergency, please contact Rev’d Lynn Courage at 682-8500.
- Of course, with the New Year, there is an opportunity to start afresh. Many do this by making New Year’s resolutions. If you are apt to do this, I trust with God’s help and your own determination, you will follow it through.
Happy New Year!
Stay safe! God bless you all!
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)