Last Sunday, January 9, the focus was on the Baptism of our Lord. You are all familiar with the description of Jesus being baptized and the Spirit of God coming down like a dove and lighting on Him, which is followed by…
‘And suddenly a voice came from Heaven saying, “This is my Beloved Son in whom I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:7)
Our own baptism can be seen as the beginning of our walk with the Lord. ‘Through water and the word, we became children of God and were sealed as Christ’s own forever.’ May we always be aware of the significance of our baptism and trust that the Spirit will continue to guide us on that ‘ walk.’
A few reminders once again:
- As you all know, all in-person worship has been cancelled. With special thanks to Rev’d Lynn and those who make the on-line worship possible, we can virtually be part of the service again next Sunday, January 16, at 11 a.m. As usual, it is on-line on our Facebook page. It is also wonderful that the service is recorded and can be viewed later if you so wish.
- The church office remains closed to the public. However, in the event of a pastoral emergency, please contact Rev’d Lynn at 682-8500. If your call is not urgent, you may leave a message on the office phone, 368-5693, and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
- Your offerings for the church can be dropped off at the drop box on the front steps of the church. This is checked often, so not to worry. You can also e-transfer (using the password church), or you can arrange with the office to sign up for pre-authorized givings.
- Please continue to make contact with those who may be lonely at this time. A telephone call, a good-morning text, or an email, would be greatly appreciated.
- Today, January 12, a community take-out supper is available for those in need of a hot meal. It will be served from the mobile food truck at the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive. You can also come by to pick one up for someone whom you know would appreciate it but doesn’t have the means to pick it up. This week it is macaroni and cheese, a dinner roll, and a cookie. These meals will be available from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
Keep warm and stay safe!
God Bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)