The church has once again opened its doors for in-person worship. Many guidelines are still in place to keep us safe and to help us feel comfortable amid the continuing pandemic. We all long to come together to worship, however some are ready to return while others will continue to be part of the online service until they too are ready. Special thanks to all those who make this online service possible.
While we are still not able to physically wrap our arms around each other, let us find ways to be the loving embrace of God to all those near and far by making contact by telephone, email, or whatever means you prefer; and of course, let’s pray that things may return to some sort of normalcy in the very near future.
A few reminders for you:
- You received the guidelines (for in-person worship) in your Chimes, and likewise briefly in last week’s e-news. However, as of today, the guidelines have been updated. Note carefully:
- We are now allowed 50 percent capacity.
- You may sit with those in your close 20.
- Your VaxPass is required.
- Physical distancing must be maintained except in your close 20.
- You may go forward to receive communion.
- No registration required.
- Once again, if you or someone you know, need a hot, free take-out meal, there will be one ready for you at the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd this evening, February 9, between 5 and 6:30 p.m.
- It’s that time of the year again when AGM reports from the various church groups need to be written and to be at the office by Friday, February 11.
- You can prolong the life of one or two of the Christmas poinsettias by taking them home with you. They were at the back of the church, and if they are not all taken, they will still be waiting there.
- The Christmas memorial booklets are at the back of the church as well, if you would like to have a copy.
- Every year there is an Ocean Ranger Memorial Prayer Service to remember those who lost their lives in the tragedy 40 years ago. This service will be held at St. Pius X church on Tuesday, February 15, 2022, at 10:45 a.m. Due to health guidelines, there is limited seating and pre-registration is required. To register, please email [email protected] on or before February 10, at 12 noon. Masks and NL VaxPasses are mandatory.
- If you are interested in being part of the Anglican Fellowship of Prayer via the internet on February 28, please check again the details in the Chimes which was sent to you, and the Chimes is also on the Parish’s Facebook page.
- Rev’d Lynn needs your help! She would like to borrow a child’s indoor play tent for our Lenten Project. It will be set up in the church during Lent. Please contact the office if you can be of help by calling 368-5693 or emailing [email protected] Thanks so much!
- This is an important note that was sent to me regarding the World Day of Prayer. This year our parish is hosting the annual service on Friday, March 7, at 7 p.m. The theme this year is “I know the Plans I Have for You.” Each year this service is planned by the Women’s Inter-Church Council of Canada (WICC) and this year’s service was written by members from England, Wales, and Northern Ireland. The service will be live-streamed on our usual platforms and details on in-person participation will follow. Pre-registration to attend in person may be required.
That’s it for another week. Not much new news since all other church activities other than services are at a standstill. Let’s hope this will change soon.
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)