How are we all doing on our Journey – the Journey that leads us toward the Cross? Hopefully, our Journey with prayer and meditation and abstinence throughout Lent will enable us to reshape our vision of what is most important in life.
A few reminders for you:
- Services continue each Sunday at 11 a.m. The guidelines for attending as listed in last week’s enews and the Chimes are still in effect. These guidelines are necessary so that we all can feel comfortable and safe during our worship services. These guidelines will remain in effect until you are notified otherwise. Let’s remember the written words of the Bishop, “may we continue to respect and follow the advice from health professionals … and may we also respect one another in our individual choices regarding COVID 19 as members of God’s family.”
- Stations of the Cross led by Canon Lynn continue each Wednesday at 11 a.m. TheCompline Service is held online on Wednesday evenings at 8 p.m. with thanks to the parishes of the Transmission. You can view this service at http://fb.com/anglicantransmission
- Our Annual General Meeting will be held in the church on Sunday, March 27 at 2 p.m. For those who are unable to attend in person, this year you can attend virtually via Zoom. To attend via Zoom you will need to contact the church office and register by Thursday, March 24, and you will be given the Zoom link. The link will be provided for all who register; however, this meeting is for parishioners only. If you are not familiar with using Zoom, and would like help, just let the office know when you are registering, and Wayne Courage will get in touch with you. If you are attending in person, you do not need to register.
- The deadline for taking your donations to the church for the CNIB Outreach is April 3, as on that day a representative will be there to accept the donated items. Just check your Lenten booklet for a list of things you can donate. Please place your donations in the tent in front of the church. Thanks once again for your support!
- For anyone in need of a hot, free, take-out meal,there is one available for you this evening, March 23, from 5 to 6:30 p.m. The meal is being served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd. COVID guidelines will be observed. Enjoy!
- Please don’t forget to help the needyby placing a few non-perishables in the food bank box in the front foyer.
- You can strike the term ‘COVID team’ from your vocabulary at this time as now they are reverting toSidespersons’ Teams!
- How would you like to help the CLB by buying one or more of their Friday lunch specials? Just call 722-1737 to pre-order by Thursday at 11 a.m. (Free delivery for orders of five or more dinners!!)
God bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)