Next Sunday, April 3, is the fifth Sunday in Lent – following which there will be only two weeks before we will be singing “Alleluia, Christ is Risen.” As we worship, pray, read, listen, and serve during this Lenten Season, may the grace of the Holy Spirit rejuvenate our faith and draw us closer to the Holy One.
- Again, this week we have been blessed with the opportunity to either attend in person or view on-line the 11 a.m. Sunday service, and also to be present at the Stations of the Cross on Wednesdays at 11. This continues for the following weeks of Lent. At this point in time, the health guidelines for our in-person services remain the same.
- An important reminder!! You only have until Sunday, April 3, to bring in your items for our Lenten project with the CNIB, because on Sunday, Amanda Halliday from CNIB will join us to collect the donated items. Check your Lenten 2022 booklet for suggested items to donate. Thank you so much!
- Things are getting back to normal, or a different normalcy, as time goes by. Different ministries are resuming. The Altar Guild requires some new members for its important ministry. If you would like more information about the Guild and/or to join, please contact Jessie Green at 364-1559. Likewise, Sidespersons’ Team members are needed – both new and returning!. Please contact any member of the team if you were a sidesperson pre-pandemic, or if you would like to join, just email the office at [email protected]
- On Wednesday, April 6, there will be another community free, hot, take-out supper for those in need. You can pick up a meal for yourself, or someone you know could use one, at the entrance to the church of the Good Shepherd on that day from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
- If you have offerings for the church, you have options in getting them there: the drop box on the front steps of the church, via e-transfer, preauthorized givings, or someone can pick them up for you if you are unable to choose either of those options, just let the church know. Thank you!
- On Sunday, April 3, we welcome Rev’d Robert Cooke as our guest preacher.
- If you are interested in the CLB take-out lunch for your home or office group, please call 722-1737 to pre-order by tomorrow, Thursday, March 31, at 11 a.m.
That’s it for another week!
May God continue to bless you on your Lenten Journey!
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)