Sunday, April 10, is Palm Sunday. We celebrate Jesus’ triumphal entry into Jerusalem – the beginning of Holy Week!
“They took branches of palm trees and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.” (Matthew 21: 8-9)
- Our Lenten Outreach Project ended on Sunday as Amanda Halliday from CNIB was present at our 11 a.m. service to collect the items donated by our parish. Special thanks to all those who gave so generously to this project.
- Since next week is Holy Week, there are special services taking place:
- On Sunday, Palm Sunday, at 11 a.m. there will be Holy Eucharist as usual, and the Easter Garden will be set up during the reading of the Gospel.
- On Maundy Thursday, April 14, there will be Holy Eucharist at 7 p.m.
- On Good Friday, April 15, there will be the celebration of the Lord’s Passion at 12 noon.
- On Saturday, April 16, there will be the Easter Vigil at 7 p.m. BAS/HE and Reaffirmation of Baptismal Vows. (Guest preacher Reverend Mark Nichols)
- On Easter Day, there will be Holy Eucharist at 11 a.m.
- The office will be closed on Friday, April 15, and Monday, April 18. In the event of a pastoral emergency, please contact Rev’d Canon Lynn at 682-8500. Thank you.
- Stations of the Cross will continue today, April 6, at 11 a.m. and the on-line Service of Compline will be 8 p.m. tonight as usual.
- New Altar Guild members are needed! If you are interested in this ministry or would like to know more about it, Jessie will be pleased to hear from you at 364-1559.
- Once again, if you are in need of a hot, free, take-out meal, or know someone who does, you can pick it up this evening, Wednesday, April 6, at the entrance to the Church of the Good Shepherd from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Special thanks to those who make this meal possible.
- Don’t forget if you want to enjoy a lunch special from CLB, you must place your order by tomorrow, Thursday, at 11 a.m. (If you order five or more, there is free delivery.)
That’s it, folks!
May God bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)