In a few days we will all sing once again, ‘He is Risen.’ May you feel Christ’s love in your heart and be filled with his peace and joy this Easter Season and always!
Recently I read this quote ‘ Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime.’ Something to think about as we walk around our gardens this springtime and see the beauty and wonder of new life.
- You all have read in the Chimes or in last week’s enews the services for Holy Week. However, just to reiterate: tomorrow evening, Maundy Thursday, at 7 p.m. there will be Holy Eucharist with Servant Washing; on Good Friday, at noon, there will be the Celebration of the Lord’s Passion; on Saturday, at 7 p.m. there will be the Easter Vigil with Holy Eucharist and the Reaffirmation of Baptismal Vows; and on Easter Sunday there will be Holy Eucharist at 11 a.m.
- With respect to the Servant Washing on Thursday, there will be hand/foot washing. In both instances, water will be poured over the hand or foot and disposable towels will be available to dry one’s own foot or hand – all this to ensure everyone’s safety.
- A list is being made of people who would be willing to fill in at the office any given day in the event that Peggy is absent. This could be any day - Monday to Friday from 9 to noon. Please email [email protected] or call 368-5693 if you are interested.
- For those who have agreed to be part of the counting teams, do you all have a counting team schedule? If you haven’t received a copy, please contact your team captain or the office. Please keep your schedule in sight so you will know when you are on duty – or add it to your own wall calendar.
- Amanda Halliday from the CNIB has sent her thanks on behalf of the CNIB staff for the parish’s generous donations for the two CNIB projects. Her full message is given in this week’s Chimes.
- Once again Home Again Furniture Bank is preparing for its Heads without Beds Campaign Chimes which, if you don’t receive at church, or via e-mail, is posted to the Parish’s Facebook page.
- The church office will be closed on Friday, April 15, and Monday, April 18. However, in case of a pastoral emergency, please contact Canon Lynn at 682-8500.
- The food box in the front foyer has lots of room for more donations. Please help the needy. Thank you!
- You can pick up a copy of the Bishop’s Easter letter at the entrance to the church after the service on Sunday.
- If you would like to read during a service in June, July, or August, please sign up on the sheet provided in the church’s front foyer, or you can call the office at 368-5693, or email at [email protected]
- The next free take-out supper for those in need will be available April 20, from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd. Thanks again to all those who make this meal possible.
Easter Blessings to you!
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)