April 22, this past Friday, was Earth Day! Earth day is an annual event and to demonstrate support for environmental protection, many places worldwide arrange activities focused on the environmental issues that the world faces. Of course, as Christians, we have been instructed to be good stewards in caring for our Earth, God’s creation, so it is not only a great need to keep our Earth healthy to support our livelihoods, but also the onus is on us to do so as trustworthy stewards. In that regard, every day is Earth Day.
- Sunday services at 11 a.m. still continue in person and online. If health guidelines should change from one week to another, you will be notified.
- It is hoped that more people will be interested in providing relief in the office should our office administrator be absent – only two have responded so far. If you can help, please contact the office at [email protected] or call 368-5693. Thank you!
- Counting teams are up and running! Next week, the counting team on duty for May 1 is Team 6 consisting of Lester Pike, Kim Pike, Fronie Squibb, and Earl Hoyles.
- Summer readers are still needed for the services in June, July, and August. If you would like to volunteer to read at a particular service, please sign your name on the sign-up sheet at the entrance to the church. You can email [email protected] or call the office at 368-5693, if there is no answer, please leave a message. Thanks for your anticipated support.
- Heads without Beds Campaign continues! Team Anglican East NL is looking for support to raise funds – the Team includes Bishop Sam, Archdeacon Charlene, and other Diocesan clergy. That Team has selected April 29 to give up their beds and sleep on the floor. You can donate to the team by visiting headswithoutbeds.ca and clicking donate now and search for the Team by name. Thanks for your help!
- Hope those in need continue to enjoy the free take-out suppers! There is another available May 4 at the entrance to the Church of the Good Shepherd between 5 and 6:30 p.m.
Take care & have a great week!
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)