We are still within the Easter Season, the Resurrection Season, the Season of rebirth, and the Season when we don’t have to look far to see the beauty of God’s handiwork. Before we even have weather suitable to work in our gardens, nature goes to work unaided by us and crocuses appear in bunches among the winter debris, daffodils nod their heads in reaction to the sun, tree buds are getting plumper by the day, early perennials are gradually waking up and getting ready to show their colors, and the list goes on. Let’s celebrate and be thankful for all Creation!
A few reminders/notices for you:
- As for church services, the 11 a.m. service on Sundays continues in person and on-line. The health guidelines remain the same.
- Calling all able-bodied parishioners who like working outside – it’s annual spring clean-up time very soon! Gather together necessary tools (brooms, shovels, wheel barrels …) for the cleaning of the grounds and flower pots/garden and meet on Wednesday, May 25, from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Thanks in anticipation of your help.
- A summer student position is available at our church!! If you are interested in this summer position, just send your resume and references to the church office via email [email protected] or you may drop it at the office from 9 until noon any weekday. Deadline for applications is May 15, 2022.
- Have you considered offering your help at the church office if our office administrator should be absent at any time? If so, please contact the office via email or call 368-5693. Thanks so much.
- Counting teams are in full swing. Team on duty for May 8 is Team 1 consisting of Eric Yetman, Bob Barnes, Elizabeth Barnes, and Jason Fancey.
- The Community take-out supper for those in need goes ahead today, May 4, at the Church of the Good Shepherd between 5 and 6:30 p.m. If you or someone you know would appreciate a hot, free take-out meal, please come by.
- Please remember those who find it difficult to make ends meet when you pick up your groceries this week. You can place your food bank items in our food bank box located in the church’s foyer.
Happy Mother’s Day!
God Bless all of you,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)