This past Sunday was Good Shepherd Sunday, based on a passage in St. John’s Gospel, where Jesus says, “I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.” Jesus used this phrase in introducing his mission, with the focus on the role of a shepherd, the role being identified as that of caring, guiding and protecting. This passage can be seen as the call for church leaders to pursue the shepherd-leader model as they aim to advance the mission of God in the world. May God Bless all our church leaders as they shepherd their folds.
A few important messages for you:
- The 11 a.m. Sunday services continue with the same health guidelines as have been for several weeks. Special thanks once again to all those involved in making the services possible on-line.
- Hope those who are able-bodied have their tools ready for outside annual spring clean-up! Please mark Wednesday, May 25, on your calendar! The time is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. It is also hoped that the flag-pole garden can be improved – it desperately needs good soil before any new plants or bulbs can be added. If any parishioner would like to contribute some soil (during the time of the clean up) it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!
- If your son, daughter, or grandchild is looking for summer employment, maybe one of them would like to work in the church. If so, please have them send in a resume plus references via email to [email protected] or drop it off at the office any weekday from 9 until noon. Deadline to apply is May 15, 2022.
- Counting team for May 15 is Team 2 consisting of Pam Fifield, Daphne Hunt, Jean Currie, and Bob Hoyles.
- A Memorial Gospel/ Hymn Sing will be going ahead from the church steps and parking lot on Sunday, July 10, at 6:30 p.m. Details regarding making a donation and the choice of hymns are given in the Chimes. Pledge requests must be received no later than Sunday, June 19, 2022. Thanks for your support!
- On May 14 from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. there will be a meeting regarding The Way Forward. This meeting will be for clergy and parish representatives. One parishioner is needed to attend the meeting as the Ascension parish representative. If you would like to do that, please contact the office to let them know (368-5693). Thank you!
- Have you considered reading at one of the services in July or August? If you would like to volunteer to do this, please sign up on the sheet at the church entrance, or call the office to let them know, or email at [email protected]. Thanks in advance for your help!
- With the prices ever going up these days, many people are having difficulty even feeding their families. The food bank would really appreciate some help. Our food bank box is at the entrance to the church. Thank you so much!
That’s it, folks, for another week!
Enjoy each day to the fullest!
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)