In spite of the low temperatures we have had recently, springtime brings with it many joys. During a daily walk in your neighbourhood or a leisurely drive through the city, there are so many spring flowers blooming beautifully. The saying goes that ‘where flowers bloom, so does hope.’ That’s a nice thought to bear in mind these days as COVID restrictions are being lifted and some sort of normalcy is being established in our daily lives. We give thanks to God for all blessings.
A few reminders/notices for you:
- Services continue at 11 a.m. on Sundays both in person and on-line. It is indeed nice to see an increase in numbers attending these days, and to see the familiar faces we haven’t seen for a while.
- Just a reminder again that the Spring Clean Up of the church grounds is next Wednesday, May 25, 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. The aim is to beautify the church grounds by means of wheelbarrows, deck broom, shovels, muscle power, or whatever you deem necessary to get the job done. Let’s hope for a sunny day/evening and lots of help!
- I imagine most of you have your calendars marked for the Memorial Gospel/Hymn Sing to be held on July 10, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. from the steps of the church and the parking lot or inside if the weather doesn’t work in our favour. If you plan to donate in memorial or thanksgiving, then the form in the Chimes or online must be returned by June 19.
- Thanks to those who have signed up to be summer readers. However, we still need someone for September 4 and 11. Please sign up at the entrance to the church or call 368-5693 if you are interested. Thanks so much!
- There is still room in the food bank boxat the entrance to the church.. Thanks so much for all your help!
- There is afree community take-out supper for those in needthis evening, Wednesday, May 18, at the entrance to the Church of the Good Shepherd. If you and/or someone you know could use a hot meal, then they will be ready between 5 and 6:30 p.m.
That’s it folks for another week!
God bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)