In Acts 2:1 we read about the ‘day of Pentecost’ when the disciples received the ‘Comfort of the Holy Spirit’ that was promised to them by Jesus when He was about to leave them on their own to continue His mission. The Celebration of Pentecost is still important to Christians today because it represents the beginning of the Christian church and reminds us that Jesus’ promise to his followers was fulfilled. Let us pray that the Holy Spirit will strengthen us in our daily lives as we ‘go forth in peace to love and serve the Lord.’
Just a few reminders for you:
- First of all, special thanks to those who gave of their time and energy to help beautify our church grounds. There are still several things that can be done to improve the appearance. For example, it would be so appreciated if some of you are able to donate a bit of soil for the flagpole garden, and even a few perennials/annuals if you happen to have any you could spare from your own garden. You can respond to this email, and we can arrange some evening to meet there. Thanks in advance for your help.
- As you know, every place gets dusty and dirty and cluttered and in need of cleaning over a period of regular use. The church is no different. We have assigned Saturday, June 4, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. as ‘indoor clean up day’ for the church. Lunch will be provided. So, if you are available and interested to help with this ministry, we will look forward to seeing you sometime during the day to give us a hand with the cleanup. Thanks so much!
- Sunday morning services at 11 a.m. continue as usual both in person and online.
- Just a reminder, that anyone planning to apply for the Summer Student Position at church must have their resume at the office by Friday, June 3, 2022. You can deliver to the church office or send by email to [email protected]
- The Community take-out supper for those in need will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd today, Wednesday, June 1, from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
- Thank you to those who contribute to the food bank on a regular basis. That is now our main Summer Outreach Project – helping to feed the hungry. The boxes to hold your donations are at both entrances to the church. Thanks for your generosity!
- Once again, don’t forget the Memorial Gospel/Hymn Sing on Sunday, July 10, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. from the steps of the church and the parking lot. Pick up a pledge sheet if you would like to donate in memorial or thanksgiving (in the Chimes); and return by June 19. We are hoping for lovely weather, so you may like to bring a chair and sit outside of your vehicle.
That’s it, folks! Have a nice weekend!
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)