The church is a Christian community – a worshiping, praying, learning, caring, outreaching community. Too often we equate church with just a building, but the church is comprised of people, with the building enabling the forming of a Christian community. We witness more of this Christian community as we come together once again not only in worship but in our various ministries that were held back somewhat with the onset of COVID.
Let me remind you again of the various events taking place:
- I am sure it was a joy for many to attend thegathering of the community in the auditorium following the Family Service on Sunday. So nice to be able to chat with others and not have to practice social distancing.
- On November 18 at 6:30 p.m. we will have our annual Fall Dinner (stuffed chicken breast with all the fixings, and homemade carrot cake for dessert). There will even be entertainment by Emma Neville, accompanied by Mrs. Kearley. For those concerned about the gluten, there will be a gluten free option, but you must let it be known when purchasing your ticket. Tickets are $25 each and takeout is available (pick up time is 6 p.m.). Interested? Tickets will be available after Sunday services, as well as from the office. Deadline for tickets is November 10.
- There’s an afternoon card game being planned for Monday, November 7, at 2 p.m. Just bring your own cards, baskets, and $6 for a fun afternoon.
- The Ascension Café resumed as of October 16, and breakfast will be served again on October 30. Instead of having breakfast at home, come by and enjoy tea or coffee, toast, and other goodies on your way to the 11 a.m. service. Come and enjoy!
Please take note that:
- The All Souls’ Service will be held on November 2, at 7 p.m. If you want your deceased loved one’s name read aloud at the service, please print their name clearly in the book provided at the back of the church.
- Masks are no longer mandatory in church but recommended. However, it is respectfully requested that you wear your mask while singing during the service.
- More sidespersons are needed to help with Sunday services. If interested, or if you have questions, please contact Kim or Lester Pike at 745-6501.
- St. Margaret’s Boat (our Advent Project) is destined to leave for Iris Kirby House on December 11, so please start collecting some of the items that are needed as listed in your Chimes. You can place your donations on board starting November 13. Thanks for your continual support!
- All the information regarding the Online Fall Fair Auction 2022 is given on the sheet enclosed in your Chimes, on the parish web site, and on the parish’s facebook page. Please read carefully so you can help make this a success by donating your item/items to the church office on weekdays from 9 to noon by November 1. The auction will run from November 6 to November 12.
That’s it, folks!
Enjoy the beautiful autumn weather!
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)