Today, Wednesday, November 2, is All Souls’ Day with a special service to be held at 7 p.m. this evening – a service when we especially remember our loved ones that have passed on. At that service, we welcome Reverend Jolene Peters as our guest speaker.
A few important messages and reminders for you:
- Confirmation registration continues after the 11 a.m. service on Sunday. As you know, candidates must be 11 years of age by December 31, 2022. Candidates and their families are to attend a meeting on Saturday, November 19, at 3 p.m. in the Ascension. Important information will be distributed at that meeting. Then on Sunday, November 20, at 11 a.m. there will be a special service for the candidates and their families at the Ascension. Special seating will be assigned for each candidate. If you have any questions, please speak with Mrs. Kearley or Canon Lynn.
- Tickets are still available for the Country Christmas Show taking place on December 2 at the church. You can purchase a ticket after the 11 a.m. service or at the church office on weekdays from 9 to noon.
- Many people are looking forward to the afternoon card game on Monday, November 7, at 2 p.m. Just come along with your cards, baskets, and $6, and have an enjoyable afternoon.
- St. Margaret’s Boat will be anchored in the side foyer on November 13. You can drop your items aboard for the Iris Kirby House anytime between November 13 and December 11when all the contents will be presented during the service on that day. Thanks for your support to the Advent Project!
- The first Sunday in Advent is November 27, and in preparation for that special church season you are invited to join in An Advent Quiet Day to explore and reflect on the themes of Advent, themes of Waiting, Watching, and Hoping as they relate to our lives today. Reverend Jolene Peters will be hosting the event, which will include a series of reflections and stories. The talks will include prayer, music, and scripture, along with quiet prayer. If you plan to come, you are asked to bring a boxed lunch; however, tea and coffee will be available. An outline of the event can be found in your Chimes, on the church’s website, and on the Parish’s facebook page. To register, contact the church office or email ([email protected]) by Wednesday, November 23.
- Don’t forget the online auction – its success depends on you. Remember the auction will take place from November 6 to November 12. Look for (and join) our Group on Facebook. Search for “Parish of the Ascension Online Fall Fair Auction 2022” in groups. Good luck!
Don’t forget, Daylight Saving Time ends this coming weekend. Set your clocks back one hour on Sunday, November 6, by 2 a.m. or you are going to be an hour early if you plan to attend church that Sunday – maybe before bedtime on Saturday would be a wise choice
That’s it, folks!
God Bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)