Friday, November 11, is Remembrance Day!
We, once again, commemorate the sacrifices of those Canadians who fought in World War I and II, and all those who have given their lives in armed conflict throughout the years in the name of freedom and peace. (I trust if you couldn’t attend church on Sunday for the Act of Remembrance Service, you were able to watch it online. It was indeed a wonderful service!)
A few reminders for you again:
- The office will be closed on Friday, November 11, in observance of Remembrance Day.
- If you plan to join in the Advent Quiet Day on Saturday, November 26, make sure you register at the parish office by calling 368-5693 or emailing ([email protected]) by Wednesday, November 23.
- The Online Fall Fair Auction 2022 started Sunday past, and will close on Saturday, November 12, at 7 p.m. If you are a successful bidder, you will be notified by the end of the day on Sunday, November 13. ALL items will be available for pickup on Saturday, November 19, between 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. at the church.
- For those who appreciate an evening free from cooking, there is the stuffed chicken breast dinner with all the fixings, coupled with homemade carrot cake, on November 18 at 6:30 p.m. I am sure you know all the details re the dinner – this is just a reminder that the deadline for tickets and takeout orders is tomorrow, November 10.
- If you are interested, tickets are still available for the Country Christmas Show on Friday, December 2 – either at the church office on weekdays from 9 to noon, or after a 11 a.m. service on Sunday.
- Now that Christmas is drawing closer and you are planning your gift giving, have you considered the Primate’s World Relief and Development Fund’s World of Gifts. These are very special gifts – gifts that provide things like food security, clean water, disaster relief, support to indigenous programs, etc. Check it out at https://pwrdf.org/world-of-gifts/ and ‘give a gift that truly keeps on giving.’
- St. Margaret’s Boat will be launched Sunday, November 13. Then you can place your donations for Iris Kirby House in the boat until December 11 when they will be presented at the 11 a.m. service on that day. Thanks, in anticipation of your support for this Advent Project.
- In connection with helping others, please aim to pick up an item or two for our food bank box at the entrance of the church. Many people in our parish are finding it difficult to make ends meet these days. Thank you for all your help!
- Canon Lynn will be away on retreat from November 15 to 17, inclusive. If you have a pastoral emergency during that time, please contact The Very Reverend William Bellamy at 368-5531 or 690-2224.
That’s it, folks! Keep warm during this span of cold weather!
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)