Today, November 16, has been set as the Feast of St. Margaret, a day to celebrate the saint who lived in the eighteenth century and is known for her devout piety, religious observance, and her charitable acts. Her notable charitable acts are the reason she has been selected for our Advent project, a project that has been named as ‘St. Margaret’s Boat’. We are being given the opportunity to be charitable too!
- The boat in the side foyer will hold a special cargo – your gifts for the women in Iris Kirby House, a safe refuge for women who are experiencing domestic violence. Check the Chimes for the items most needed, and make sure your items are dropped by December 11; your donations will be presented at the 11 o’clock service on that day. Thanks to all who support this worthy cause.
- The Advent Season is almost here! You can pick up the Advent letter, the schedule of events, the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony form, and the 2023 church envelopes at the entrance of the church. If you are able to take a few to deliver to others, it would be greatly appreciated.
- Tickets are still available for the Country Christmas Show taking place on Friday, December 2. If you would like to purchase one or two, they are available for purchase after the 11 a.m. service on Sunday or at the church office on weekdays from 9 to noon.
- Canon Lynn will be away on retreat from November 15 to 17, inclusive. In case of a pastoral emergency, please contact The Very Reverend William Bellamy at 368-5531 or 690-2224.
- If you plan to attend the Advent Quiet Day on Saturday, November 26, from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., please register by contacting the parish office (368-5697) or by e-mail ([email protected]) by Wednesday, November 23. Bring a boxed lunch – coffee and tea will be available!
- Next Sunday, November 20, confirmation candidates from all four parishes will be present at our church. At that time, Bishop Sam will welcome the candidates with the Rite of Welcoming and will also preach and preside. By the way, a copy of the Bishop’s Charge is available at the church entrance or at the office if you would like a copy.
- Special thanks to all those who made the Card Party such a great success. The results of the Auction will be known very soon. The items you won will be available for pick up Saturday, November 19, from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Payments may be made by e-transfer ([email protected]) or by cheque or cash upon pickup.
- Please don’t forget those that have to rely on the food bank to get them through the week. Our food bank box is at the entrance of the church.
- The Church of the Good Shepherd is now taking orders for Christmas puddings ($20 each).They will be available for pick up on November 26 from 9 until noon, or on November 28 during regular office hours at the Church of the Good Shepherd. They would also appreciate donations of flour, molasses, margarine, eggs, or raisins; or you could volunteer with the making of the puddings on November 24 or 25. If you would like to purchase one or two, please call the church office at 747-1022 or email [email protected].
- By the way, the Ascension Café will be open on November 27!!
Thanks to all those who purchased tickets for the Fall Dinner. Enjoy the meal!
God bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)