This coming Sunday, December 4, is the Second Sunday of Advent, the Season that equates with Hope, Peace, Joy, and Love. The theme for this Sunday is Peace – the candle of ‘Peace” will be lit as a reminder that the Christ child will bring peace to a troubled world. Let us aim to step away from what can be a frenzied time of partying and shopping to quietly devote some time to commemorating the birth of Jesus and reflecting on His triumphant return.
There are several things we need to remember as we celebrate this Advent:
- The Christmas Hamper Tree is set up. Please remove a tag or two and bring along the item/items by Monday, December 12. Monetary donations are also greatly appreciated. If you or your business want to supply the gifts and food for a full hamper, just contact Nickie at [email protected] for more information.
- If you plan to donate in memory of a loved one, the pledge sheet must be returned by Wednesday, December 14, as the Tree Lighting and Carol Sing will be taking place on December 18 at 6:30 p.m. We will also be having our final Ascension Café for this year on that date.
- The Advent Project is being quite a success – St. Margaret’s Boat is filling up with items for Iris Kirby House. If you plan to donate items, please drop them off by December 11. Thanks to all who have generously donated to date.
- Don’t forget our Breakfast with Santa will be held on Saturday, December 10 from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., and you need to purchase a ticket in advance (children under four eat free). You can obtain a ticket after the 11 a.m. service on Sunday or from the office during the weekdays from 9 to noon. DEADLINE to purchase tickets is December 5!!
- Would you like a church calendar? They are available at church for $5, and you can get one after the 11 a.m. Sunday service or any weekday from 9 to noon.
- Time is running out, BUT there are some tickets ($25 each) still available to the Country Christmas Show on Friday, December 2. You can purchase one at the office this week or at the door on Friday evening.
- Would you like to be involved in some ministry at church? Now is your opportunity! Readers are needed for the Advent, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day services. Just call the office (368-5693) if you are interested! Thank you so much!
- You all realize how much the cost of living has increased, especially when it comes to purchasing food. Please remember those who rely on the food bank to get them through the week and add an extra item when you purchase your groceries. Our food bank box is at the entrance to the church. Thanks for all your help.
- Last, but by no means least, on Wednesday, today, November 30, there will be Stations of the Crib at 10:30 a.m.
May God journey with you during this Advent Season.
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)