Next Sunday, December 18, is the Fourth Sunday in Advent – with ‘LOVE’ as the theme. All four candles will be lit on our Advent wreath, which indicates we have once again almost completed the Advent Journey. As Christmas approaches, maybe it’s a good time for us to ponder the words of N. Maxwell, ‘Each of us is an innkeeper who decides if we have room for Jesus.’
- On Sunday coming, the 11 a.m. service will contain “Lessons and Carols,” an event that is loved by all. It puts one in the Christmas spirit to hear the traditional carols. You will also surely enjoy once again our choir as I am sure they have prepared anthems for this special occasion.
- Special thanks go out to all those who donated items to the Christmas hamper project and to the St. Margaret’s Boat Advent project. They are such worthy causes. I am sure the recipients will be most grateful.
- Again today, Wednesday, December 14, there will be the Stations of the Crib at 10:30 a.m.
- Many people like to honor a loved one this Christmas and have the information listed in our Christmas Memorial booklet. We will accept the information up to January 15. Please provide your name, your envelope number, and the name/names of the people you are honoring. If you already ‘lit a bulb,’ those names will be included in the Memorial booklet which will be available by January 29, 2022.
- Please take note that all givings received by noon on Friday, December 30, will be included on your 2022 tax receipt. However, any received after that specific time will be included in your 2023 tax receipt. Until noon Friday on December 30 you can drop it in the office (be aware of times the office will be closed during Christmas), or you can drop it in the mailbox on the church’s front steps. Thanks so much! If you have had a change of address during this year, please let the office know.
- If you, or someone you know, are in need, there is a free community supper takeout meal that you can pick up this evening, December 14, from 5 to 6 o’clock from the Church of the Good Shepherd. No registration required!
- Church calendar anyone? You can pick one up for $5 at the church office on weekdays from 9 until noon.
- We are all aware of the increase in the cost of groceries, but some have more difficulty than others in making ends meet. Please remember those when you pick up your groceries this week and maybe buy something extra for the food bank box situated at the entrance to the church.
- Note carefully the church office hours during Christmas: December 23 – office closes at noon; December 26-29 office will be closed; December 30 – office closes at noon; January 2 – office will be closed; and the office will open for regular hours on January 3, 2023.
- Next Sunday, December 18, the Ascension Café will be open, and after the 11 o’clock service on that day, come by for a ‘cup of tea’ and wish Canon Lynn and Wayne the best as they will both be retired as of December 31!
May God bless you during the Christmas Season,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)