As the New Year unfolds in a few days, here’s hoping that the months ahead will be filled with new hope, fulfilled dreams, new experiences, good health, and many great memories. 2022 was not an easy year as many people and businesses struggled to rise from the negative effects of the pandemic. Let’s trust that with God’s help, 2023 will be a much better year for all.
There are a few important reminders:
- As you know the office is closed at the present time but will be open from 9 until 12 noon on Friday, December 30. Therefore, all donations that you want included on your 2022 tax receipt must be received by that time. Any received after noon on Friday will be on your 2023 tax receipt.
- With respect to tax receipts, please make sure that if you have had a change of address during the year, the office knows of the change by December 30,2022, so your tax receipt which will be issued in January will go to the correct address.
- There will be Morning Prayer on Sunday, January 1 at 11 a.m.
- The office will be closed on January 2, 2023, in observance of New Year’s Day but will reopen with regular hours on January 3, 2023.
- Some of you still have not picked up your church envelopes for 2023. They are waiting for you at the entrance to the church.
- Many thanks to Mrs. Kearley and the choir for providing us with such beautiful music/singing (especially the anthems) during the Christmas Season.
- Many people in our community are finding it difficult to feed their families with the cost of groceries ever increasing. It would be greatly appreciated if you could add an item or two to the food bank box from time to time. Thanks for your continual help.
Happy New Year,
God Bless you all!
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)