January 18 to January 25 marks the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity – an annual time period that recognizes the diverse expressions of our unity in Christ’s church.
The theme for the week is ‘Do Good; Seek Justice’ (Isaiah 1:17). May we always seek greater unity, and may it be in service to the love and justice God has revealed in Jesus.
- In reference to the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, here in Mount Pearl there will be an ecumenical service this evening, Wednesday, January 18 at 7 p.m. at Park Avenue Pentecostal Church. Dean Bellamy will be preaching – all Ascension parishioners are encouraged to attend.
- Many counters and sidespersons are anxious to have the schedule for 2023. The schedules for both ministries are posted on the church bulletin boards and they are also available for pick up at the entrance to the church.
- Would you consider helping with the live streaming of our church services? It would be great indeed if you would like to join our Audio-visual team – training will be provided. Just call the church office if you are interested! Thanks!
- The Cathedral has obtained 500 Contemporary English Version Bibles. (These were saved from being destroyed.) If you, or anyone you know, would like a Bible or two or even a dozen or more, would you please contact the Cathedral at [email protected]. The Bibles are free but if they have to be shipped, you will have to pay for the shipping, although the Cathedral can arrange to ship them.
- Choir practice is resuming this evening, Wednesday, January 18, at 7 p.m. Mrs. Kearley would be delighted to welcome new members.
- It’s AGM reporting time! Would all church groups please submit their yearly (2022) reports to the church office by Friday, February 10, 2023. Thank you!
- Apparently, more and more people have to rely on help from the food banks these days. Please aim to pick up an extra grocery or two when you do your shopping – our food bank box stands at the entrance to the church. Thanks to all those who have contributed.
- Eastern Health’s Pastoral Care, Ethics, and Bereavement Services Department invites people grieving the loss of a loved one to join an 8-week “Living with Grief Support Program.” This program is offered in-person and virtually. To find out all the details concerning the Program, check with your Chimes, call 777-6959, or email at [email protected]
- The next Ascension Café will be Sunday, January 29, at 9:30 a.m. All are welcome!
Have a great week!
God bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)