This Sunday past, the focus was on the conversion of St. Paul, as told in Acts 9: 1-19. There are lessons to be learned from that conversion, one in particular is that ‘no one is outside of God’s reach”, anyone can come to Jesus and receive the grace of Christ, if, like Paul, we repent. ‘Paul’, the one who was aiming to whip out the new Christian church, became after his conversion a faithful follower of ‘the Way’ and an apostle to the Gentiles.
A few reminders for you:
- Next Sunday, January 29, will be a Family Service following the Ascension Café in the auditorium which opens at 9:30 a.m. Come and enjoy coffee/tea along with some homemade treats before going upstairs to the service.
- Many people who are unable to attend church feel blessed to be able to join in the worship through the live streaming of our services. This is made possible through the Audio-Visual team which is hoping to get volunteers to help operate the sound board for the microphones, and to help with the live streaming. There is no experience necessary for either position as training will be provided. Please call the office if you are interested.
- The ACW is planning an afternoon to get together and make greeting cards for an outreach project, and it is open to ALL members of the parish. That’s going to be on Monday, February 6, from 2 to 4 p.m. No experience needed, materials provided, and they plan to boil the kettle – so feel free to bring a snack.
- Those who are in charge of a group, or have been designated as such, please remember to write your yearly (2022) AGM report and submit it to the office by Friday, February 10, 2023.
- The Ascension Prayer Cycle list is in the process of being updated. If there is a name that you would like added, or one that needs to be removed, would you please contact the office at 368-5693.
- Several church envelopes are waiting to be picked up. However, if you should decide you no longer wish to use your envelopes, please contact the church office. Thank you.
- The price of groceries continues to increase which causes many to have to visit the food bank each week to help feed their families. Please add an item or two to your grocery list if you are able and place in the food bank box which is at the entrance to our church. Thank you to all who continue to contribute.
That’s it, folks for another week!
God Bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)