This Friday coming, February 2, is known as ‘The Feast of the Presentation of the Lord’ or Candlemas. In reflecting on Simeon and Anna’s happy experience of seeing the Baby Jesus in the temple, as well as celebrating Candlemas, the winter festival of birth and light, let us celebrate also the ‘light of Christ’ among us.
Of course, we also know that February 2 is known as Groundhog Day – just six weeks left until the official start of Spring!! Let’s hope that the groundhog will not see his shadow which many folks believe means early springlike weather!
- Lent is just around the corner, so it is nice to know what our Lenten Outreach Project will be. We are partnering with St. Vincent de Paul Food Bank but instead of food items which is of great importance, we are going to donate products needed to help individuals maintain a home outside of food items. We will be collecting all types of cleaning supplies. We will once again be using St. Margaret’s Boat to hold our donations. A list of suggested items was included with your Chimes! Thank you for your anticipated support with this project.
- Are some of you interested in joining the Senior Choir? Mrs. Kearley would very much welcome seeing you at tonight’s practice at 7 p.m.
- A potluck supper with live entertainment by Jacobs Passage would be a lovely way to spend the evening on Thursday, February 22. Just take a tag from the board at the entrance to the church and prepare that dish to bring with you. Supper will be at 6 o’clock!
- Our food hamper bins need our attention! Please remember those in need when you grocery shop this week. Thank you!
- The next afternoon card party is Monday, February 5 at 2 p.m. Same place and same requirements! Hope to see you there.
- Stay tuned to hear more about the Lenten Bible study as well as the Wednesday evening services during Lent.
Watch out for the groundhog and see what happens on Friday! (:
God Bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)