Tomorrow, February 2, is known as ‘The Feast of the Presentation of the Lord, (Candlemas). We are all familiar with the story of Simeon and Anna’s joyful experience of seeing the Baby Jesus in the temple. May we in reflecting on the Temple event of long ago, and in celebrating Candlemas (the winter festival of birth and light) celebrate also the ‘light of Christ within and among us.’
A few important reminders/notices for you:
- The Ecumenical Service in celebration of Mount Pearl Frosty Festival will be held Sunday, February 12, at 3 p.m. in Our Lady, Queen of Families (formerly St. Peter’s) Roman Catholic Church. A reception will follow in the church hall. All congregations in Mount Pearl will be participating!
- If you haven’t already done so, you can pick up your 2022 tax receipts at the church entrance. If you haven’t picked up your 2023 church envelopes, you can do so at the same time.
- Also at the church entrance are the schedules for counters and sidespersons, the Christmas Memorial booklets, and the poinsettias if you would like to take one home with you.
- We are still looking for individuals to join our Audio-Visual team – for help with the live-streaming and to operate the sound board for the microphones. Training provided! Please contact the church if you are interested.
- Evening service (BAS/Evening Prayer) will be held at 7 p.m. each Wednesday in Lent beginning Ash Wednesday, March 1. If you would like to read at any of the Lenten services, please sign the sheet at the church’s entrance.
- You all know that tomorrow is also called ‘Groundhog Day’ occurring at the midpoint between a solstice and an equinox. Just six weeks left until the official start of Spring! Hopefully, the groundhog will not see his shadow, an indication that many believe means early springlike weather. (-:
Have a great week!
May God Bless you all!
Jean (On behalf of he Ascension)