Next Tuesday, February 14, is Valentine’s Day. There are many legends connected with this Day, but a common thread throughout all is the expressing of love and admiration. Valentines are indeed expressions of what is in our hearts by word, by letter, by card, by text, by email, to those near and dear to us. Let it also be a day to remind us to express frequently what we often tend to take for granted.
A few reminders for you:
- Every year there is an Ocean Ranger Memorial Prayer Service to remember those who lost their lives in the tragedy many years ago. This year the service will be held on Wednesday, February 15, at 10:30 a.m. at the Basilica of St. John the Baptist.
- Once again, if you, or someone you know, need a hot free take-out meal, there will be one ready for you today, February 8, from 5 to 6 p.m. at the Church of the Good Shepherd. Also, if you or anyone you know would like to sponsor one of those community suppers, please contact [email protected]
- At the back of the church, there are several Christmas poinsettias that decorated our church during the Christmas season. If you would like to prolong the life of one of these poinsettias, please take it home with you.
- Next Sunday, February 12, there will be an Ecumenical Service in celebration of Mount Pearl Frosty Festival at 3 p.m. in our Lady, Queen of Families (formerly St. Peter’s) Roman Catholic Church. All congregations in Mount Pearl are participating – a reception will follow in the church hall.
- Are you looking for your 2022 church tax receipt? If so, you can pick it up at the church entrance. If you have not done so by February 28, it will be mailed to the address on file.
- Next Sunday, February 12, is Queen’s College Appeal Sunday. If you would like to make a donation to Queen’s, you can pick up an envelope at the church’s entrance.
- If you would like to contact the Priest-in-charge, you may do so by calling 769-2533.
- Just a reminder – deadline for submitting AGM reports is Friday, February 10, 2023!
That’s it, folks!
Have a happy day!
(On behalf of the Ascension)