Next Sunday, March 12, will be the third Sunday in Lent. Time slips by so quickly. How is everyone doing on their Lenten Journey?
While thumbing through some Lenten readings, I found this simple Lenten prayer which I thought would be nice to share: ‘Dear God, help us to see this holy season of Lent as a time for spiritual renewal, rather than a time of deprivation. Motivate us to reach a new level of experiencing your grace. Amen’
Several important items/reminders:
- First of all, thanks to the team who provides the opportunity for anyone to view and be part of the service each Sunday morning at 11 a.m. through live-streaming if someone is unable to attend. This live-streaming is via the Parish website at ascensionnl.ca, on the Parish Facebook page at facebook.com/parishoftheascension, as well as being able to see the service after it is over via YouTube Channel which you can access through the Parish’s homepage.
- Please note also that the Lenten Service which takes place each Wednesday evening at 7 p.m. is also live-streamed and can be viewed the same way as the Sunday morning services.
- Please remember to try and help with the Lenten Outreach Project – providing school supplies for the children who are new to the Province through the Association for New Canadians. A list of needed items is given in the Chimes and is also on the Parish’s facebook site. Thanks in advance for your support!
- Barring the quick onset of a storm, a hot, free take-out meal for those in need will be available this evening, March 8, at the entrance to the Church of the Good Shepherd between 5 and 6 p.m.
- Keep watching for further information regarding a get together for a potluck supper in the church auditorium at the end of this month!
- The Year End Reports are ready! You are welcome to pick one up at the entrance of the church, or you can drop by the office on a weekday between 9 and noon and pick one up.
- The Annual General Meeting is scheduled for March 19 at 2 p.m. in the church. If the weather does not work in our favor, the date will be March 26. Make sure a copy of the year end reports accompanies you.
- Just a reminder that we ‘spring’ into Daylight Saving Time as of March 12! Move your clock ahead one hour before you go to bed on Saturday night, or you just might be late for church on Sunday morning!
- Lastly, there will be Ascension Café on Sunday, March 12, at 9:30 a.m.
May God walk with you on your Lenten Journey!
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)