Next Sunday, March 19, is Mothering Sunday. Let us always remember to pray for, care for, and show respect for Mother Church that nurtures us, and Mother Earth that sustains us. Let us also continue to thank God for all mothers, as well as those who mother us, that the love and care they give may be reflected in the way that we show our love and care for others.
Here are a few reminders/notices for you:
- We are hoping the weather will be favourable so that our Annual General Meeting can be held on Sunday, March 19, at 2 p.m., in the church. Should the weather not be suitable, the meeting will be held March 26. Please bring along your copy of the reports – they are available at the church entrance or from the office.
- By now, most of you will have heard about the Pot Luck Supper being planned for Thursday, March 30, at 6 p.m. To ensure that we won’t end up with a lot of the same dish, there is a tree at the church entrance with tags naming different items. If you would like to make a dish for the supper, please take a tag or two. There is limited seating, so you will need to pick up an admission ticket after the church service or from the office by March 26. Of course, there is no charge for the get together. By the way, Bishop Sam will be joining us at the event.
- Please remember our Lenten Outreach Project! Our donations have to be at the church and in a designated place by the pulpit by Palm Sunday as that is when a representative from the Association of New Canadians will be there to receive our items. Thank you for your support!
- Another free take-out meal is in the making for Wednesday, March 22! If you, or someone you know, would appreciate a lovely hot take-out meal, then it will be available at the entrance to the Church of the Good Shepherd from 5 to 6 p.m. on that day.
- The food bank is still in need of our donations of non-perishable food items. Just drop an item or two in the food bank box at the entrance to the church building. Thanks so much!
- You may have already heard about the Home Again Furniture Bank – Heads Without Beds campaign, so this is just a reminder that they would really appreciate your support. On March 31, Elizabeth and Bob Barnes, and Lester and Kim Pike are joining with many other participants to spend a night like many ‘have’ to spend their nights – without a bed! You can donate by clicking on the following link: https://www.headswithoutbeds.ca Thanks so much for your support!
- Just letting you know that masks are no longer mandatory in the church building but highly recommended especially within crowded areas.
God Bless you all!
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)