It has been said that ‘the 40 days leading up to Easter can be some of the most life-giving, perspective-changing, hope-filled days of the entire year.’ Hopefully with God’s help we are all having some of those days during our Lenten Journey!
A few important notices for you:
- A reminder that each Wednesday evening at 7 during the Lenten Season, there is a Lenten service at church, and it is also available online. Therefore, if you can’t make it to church you can join us online in the same way that you are able to join the 11 o’clock services each Sunday.
- Don’t forget the potluck supper on Thursday, March 30, at 6 p.m. Just select your choice of a dish to prepare for the occasion by choosing a tag at the church entrance, and also making sure you have an admission ticket (deadline March 26). Only 100 allowed due to limited seating so don’t delay!
- Card lovers – we have an event just for you! An afternoon card game will take place on Monday, April 10, at 2 p.m. You just need your own cards and baskets, and $6, and you’re in for a fun afternoon. To add to the enjoyment, there will be a baked goods table and a grab bag table. Of course, donations for both the baked table and the grab bags would be appreciated.
- Please don’t forget our Lenten Outreach Project! You know all about the type of donations needed. Just remember that all donations must be in the location provided by the pulpit by Palm Sunday, as that is when the representative from the Association of New Canadians will be present to receive our items.
- A three-day accredited Godly Play training is being offered at the Church of the Good Shepherd from May 4 to May 6. More information is available in your Chimes which is also available on the Parish website, and the Parish facebook page. For more information on cost and registration please email [email protected]
- Once again, this evening from 5 to 6 p.m., there is a hot, free, take-out supper for those in need. If you, or someone you know, would appreciate one of these meals, please come to the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd at the time indicated this evening (March 22).
- Please do not forget the needy, who rely on the food bank to get them through each week. There is always room in our food bank boxes at the entrance to the church. Thanks to all who contribute regularly.
- There is a dinner theatre in the planning stages for the latter part of April! Keep watch for more details!
That’s it, folks!
May God’s blessings continue to be with you on your Lenten Journey!
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)