Next Sunday, April 2, is Palm Sunday! In the midst of our busyness we need to remind ourselves of the reason for the Easter Season. Let’s set aside some specific time during next week, Holy Week, to reflect on Jesus and His resurrection and what that really means for us.
A few notices/reminders for you:
- Only a few days left now to bring along our donations for the Lenten Project. A representative from the Association for New Canadians will be at church on Palm Sunday to collect our backpacks and school supplies. Special thanks indeed to all those who have given generously to this worthy cause.
- Want to hear more about our Spring Dinner Fundraiser?? Set aside Friday, April 21, as that evening at 6:30 p.m. there will be a dinner (stuffed chicken with all the fixings and dessert) along with being entertained by the musical and comedic talents of Dana Parsons. These tickets are $30 per person (take-out possible also) available after any 11 o’clock service or from the office during the weekdays. Limited number available, so purchase early if you are interested!
- Just a reminder – the afternoon card game will be going ahead on Monday, April 10, at 2. We’ll provide the tea and coffee; you just need your cards and basket and the $6 to play. A baked goods table and a grab bag table will be set up as well – donations for these tables are greatly appreciated. Enjoy!
- To give you the heads-up - the next hot, free community supper take-out meal will be on Wednesday, April 19.
- So nice to be given the opportunity of coming together as a church community for the different events. I trust many of you are looking forward to the potluck supper tomorrow evening, March 30, at 6 p.m. Don’t forget the admission ticket and your prepared ‘dish’! Thanks to those who have organized this event!
- As you well may know, the Vestry is a dedicated team providing leadership in the ministry of our parish on behalf of the parishioners. It is important that you all know who these persons are, and it is also important for you to know that at present (in the words of Dean Bellamy) ‘we are woefully short’ when it comes to having the number of members needed for this ministry at the Ascension. Please read the ‘note of concern’ from Dean Bellamy that I have attached to this enews.
- Our food bank box lies in wait for your non-perishable items for the needy. Thank you!
- The schedule for Holy Week and Easter Sunday Services is included in your Chimes from last Sunday, and is also on the Parish’s Facebook page, and the Parish’s website.
May God continue to be with you on your Lenten Journey,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)