Next Sunday, April 9, is Easter Sunday. Let’s all sing with joyful voice ‘the Lord is risen indeed, Alleluia!’ May this Easter bring new blessings of love, hope, peace, and happiness to you and your loved ones.
A few notices for you:
- Even though I am sure you have seen the list of services for this week – Holy Week, I will give a few quick reminders:
- Tonight at 7 – Tenebrae led by Senior Choir
- Maundy Thursday at 7 – Holy Eucharist & Stripping of the Altar
- Good Friday at noon – Celebration of the Lord’s Passion
- Saturday at 7 – the Easter Vigil with Holy Eucharist
- Easter Sunday at 11 – Holy Eucharist
- Many of those who are unable to attend, will be pleased to know that these services are being live-streamed. Special thanks indeed to the team which makes this possible.)
- Today, Wednesday, April 5, there will be a hot, free, take-out community meal for anyone in need. It will be served at the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd from 5 to 6 p.m.
- The church office will be closed on Good Friday, April 7, and Easter Monday, April 10.
- For those who look forward to the fellowship gathering and the Ascension Café breakfast, the next one will be on Sunday, April 16.
- If you would like to have a copy of the Bishop’s Easter letter, there are several available at the church’s entrance or you can find it on the Diocesan website at https://englicanenl.net/bishops-letters
- Special thanks to all those who donated generously to the Lenten outreach project. I am sure you put a smile on the face of many young newcomers to our province.
- Planning is continuing for the Spring Dinner Fundraiser taking place on Friday, April 21, at 6:30 p.m. You can read all about it in your Chimes, in the Chimes that is posted on the parish’s facebook page, or on the parish website. Tickets ($30 each) which include the dinner and entertainment are available after the 11 o’clock service or at the office on weekdays from 9 to noon. Limited number so don’t delay!
Easter Blessings to all of you,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)