It’s the Easter Season, the season with a focus on hope, renewal, and new life. It is also the season of Spring, the season when the earth wakes up after a long winter with evidence of new life everywhere. What an awesome reminder that God makes all things new again - as the earth once again gradually becomes blanketed with God’s beautiful creation. Let us celebrate the ‘new life’ of Easter and the ‘new life’ of Spring!
- I trust you had a lovely Easter celebration. It was wonderful that we were able to come together at the Ascension during Lent and Holy Week. Special thanks to all those who made these moving services possible – Dean Bellamy for his inspirational homilies, Mrs. Kearley and her lovely choir for their uplifting music, the readers, the sidespersons, those who prepared the printed services, and the live-streaming team for giving those at home the opportunity to be part of the church community.
- The Spring Dinner Fundraiser is getting closer by the day, so don’t forget to purchase your ticket if you are planning to attend. Tickets are $30 per person which includes a stuffed chicken breast dinner with all the fixings plus entertainment by Dana Parsons. To make the evening more exciting there will also be a bake table and a 50/50 draw. Tickets are available after the 11 o’clock service on Sunday or weekdays from 9 to noon, and this weekend is the deadline for purchasing them! There’s a limited number, so don’t delay!
- Ascension Café will be open next Sunday, April 16. Come and join the church family for some homemade treats, and just chat and relax until the 11 o’clock service.
- Once again if you are in need and would like a lovely free take-out meal, there will be one available for you on Wednesday, April 19! Just arrive at the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd between 5 and 6. Thanks to those who make these Community Suppers possible.
- By the way, a representative from the Association of New Canadians came by last week to pick up your donations. They were so grateful for your generosity as they are in desperate need of school supplies.
- The food bank continues to be in need of non-perishable items. Please, if you are able, pick up an item or two when you are grocery shopping this weekend.
Have a lovely week!
God Bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)